- Duke offense faces adjustment after transfer of Brandon ConnettePosted 13 hours ago
- Throwback Thursday for Duke Basketball: Jeff CapelPosted 1 day ago
- Duke Offers 2015 PF Ivan RabbPosted 2 days ago
- Frank McGuire: Meaner than a Junkyard DogPosted 2 days ago
- Duke Basketball: An Offseason of Changes for Blue Devils in the NBAPosted 4 days ago
- Poll: More Important to Duke’s Success – Quinn Cook or Rasheed Sulaimon?Posted 4 days ago
Duke Basketball: Nolan Smith to play for Boston Celtics in Summer League
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe tweeted that the People’s Champ and Duke fan favorite, Nolan Smith, will be playing for the Boston Celtics and their Summer League team.
Ex-Portland Trail Blazers guard and former Duke standout Nolan Smith will play on #celtics summer league squad
— gary washburn (@GwashNBAGlobe) July 4, 2013
Is it coincidence that Brad Stevens is hired yesterday, and today, one of the key members of the Duke National Championship team that defeated Steven’s Butler Bulldogs, is now playing for their Summer League team? I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
Boston’s Summer League team includes several guards such as Courtney Fells from NCSU, Jayson Granger from Uruguay, Darius Johnson-Odom from Marquette, and Phil Pressey from Missouri. Nolan certainly has a chance to make the Celtic’s roster, though there will be a lot of competition.
Nolan, while trying to make the roster, will also be auditioning for other teams in search of help at both guard and shooting guard.
We wish Nolan the best of luck and look forward to seeing where he plays next season.