- Takeaways from ACC Media DayPosted 3 hours ago
- 2014-15 ACC Basketball Preseason Media PredictionsPosted 15 hours ago
- ACC Basketball Media Day Live StreamPosted 1 day ago
- 2014 ACC Basketball Media DayPosted 1 day ago
- Duke Basketball: 5 Key Statistics for the 2014-15 SeasonPosted 2 days ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: New Harry Giles MixtapePosted 2 days ago
Phil Henderson Passes Away at 44
Most of you have probably heard by now about the passing of former Duke star, Phil Henderson. According to Facebook user Erik Waldie, Henderson died of a heart attack. He had just recently moved to Manila in the Philippines and was coaching and teaching basketball to kids in the community.
Henderson averaged 12.1 points during his college career and was selected in the 2nd round by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1990 NBA draft. He played in the CBA, Global Basketball Association, Belgium National League and Mexican National League.
I was pretty young when I became a Duke fan in 1986, so my first real memories of Duke Basketball involved watching Phil Henderson and Robert Brickey tear up the rim where every they went, especially between 1989-1990. He may best known for his dunk on Alonzo Mourning in the 1989 Regional Finals against Georgetown.