- Duke Basketball: Recruiting Update for Class of 2015Posted 8 hours ago
- Bob Verga: Greatness Not Fully RecognizedPosted 17 hours ago
- Observations from Duke’s win over ElonPosted 3 days ago
- Duke Recruiting: Blue Devils Make Final Five for 2015 Center Diamond StonePosted 5 days ago
- Poll: Will Duke Football beat Elon on Saturday?Posted 6 days ago
- Duke vs. Elon: What to Watch forPosted 7 days ago
Phil Henderson Passes Away at 44
Most of you have probably heard by now about the passing of former Duke star, Phil Henderson. According to Facebook user Erik Waldie, Henderson died of a heart attack. He had just recently moved to Manila in the Philippines and was coaching and teaching basketball to kids in the community.
Henderson averaged 12.1 points during his college career and was selected in the 2nd round by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1990 NBA draft. He played in the CBA, Global Basketball Association, Belgium National League and Mexican National League.
I was pretty young when I became a Duke fan in 1986, so my first real memories of Duke Basketball involved watching Phil Henderson and Robert Brickey tear up the rim where every they went, especially between 1989-1990. He may best known for his dunk on Alonzo Mourning in the 1989 Regional Finals against Georgetown.