- FanTake: Thoughts on Dismissing Rasheed SulaimonPosted 3 hours ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Is a Top 2016 Target Reclassifying to 2015?Posted 5 hours ago
- Can Duke Make a Run Without Rasheed Sulaimon?Posted 17 hours ago
- Rasheed Sulaimon Dismissed from Duke Basketball ProgramPosted 21 hours ago
- Duke Football 2015 Schedule AnnouncedPosted 1 day ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Who’s Still on the Radar for 2015?Posted 2 days ago
Phil Henderson Passes Away at 44
Most of you have probably heard by now about the passing of former Duke star, Phil Henderson. According to Facebook user Erik Waldie, Henderson died of a heart attack. He had just recently moved to Manila in the Philippines and was coaching and teaching basketball to kids in the community.
Henderson averaged 12.1 points during his college career and was selected in the 2nd round by the Dallas Mavericks in the 1990 NBA draft. He played in the CBA, Global Basketball Association, Belgium National League and Mexican National League.
I was pretty young when I became a Duke fan in 1986, so my first real memories of Duke Basketball involved watching Phil Henderson and Robert Brickey tear up the rim where every they went, especially between 1989-1990. He may best known for his dunk on Alonzo Mourning in the 1989 Regional Finals against Georgetown.