- Duke Basketball: Takeaways from the Win over UConnPosted 3 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Preview of UConnPosted 3 days ago
- Will the Semi Ojeleye Transfer Hurt Duke’s Title Chances?Posted 4 days ago
- Laken Tomlinson Named AP First Team All-AmericanPosted 5 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Takeaways from the Win over ElonPosted 6 days ago
- Week 5 – ACC Basketball Power RankingsPosted 6 days ago
2013 NIT Season Tip-Off Bracket Released
For months we have been wondering exactly who all the Duke Blue Devils might face in the 2013 NIT Season Tip-Off. Today the official bracket for the tournament has been released.
As we previously knew, Duke will take on UNC Asheville in the opening round on November 18th against UNC Asheville. They would then take on the winner of East Carolina/Norfolk State.
From there the tournament moves on to Madison Square Garden (Duke’s home away from home) where in all likelihood, the Blue Devils will face Alabama. The Crimson Tide face Stillman College in the first round, and then the winner of Georgia State/McNeese State. They should make it to the semi-finals without any problems.
In the top half the of the bracket, Arizona (the #1 overall seed in the Tip-Off) will face off with Fairleigh Dickinson in the first round, and the winner of Rhode Island/Metro State in the second round.
Rutgers, the #4 overall seed, faces Canisius in the first round and the winner of Elon/Drexel in the second. The second round game will not be easy for Rutgers as Elon could be a very dangerous team this season. It would not shock me to see them in the semi-finals against Arizona.
The semi-finals set up nicely for an Arizona vs Duke Championship game in yet another highly anticipated early season matchup.