- Duke Basketball: Others Stepped Up While Coach K was OverseasPosted 3 hours ago
- 2014-15 ACC Basketball Preview: Boston College EaglesPosted 6 hours ago
- Observations from Duke’s win over TulanePosted 2 days ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Coach K to Visit 2016 5-Star Recruits Next WeekPosted 3 days ago
- Duke vs. Tulane: What to Watch forPosted 4 days ago
- Duke Basketball: 2015 Recruits in the Top 50 Composite RankingsPosted 5 days ago
Duke at Maryland Pregame Notes
Play-by-Play: Dave O’Brien
Analyst: Doris Burke
Sideline: Jeannine Edwards
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius – 91, XM – 91
The Opening Tip
- The Blue Devils are ranked No. 2 in the AP Poll and No. 1 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke is 114-16 all-time when ranked No. 2 in the AP Poll.
- The Blue Devils have been ranked in the AP Top 10 for 108 consecutive weeks and in the top five for 13 consecutive weeks.
- Duke is playing its 201st straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 168-32 in that span.
- Duke enters Saturday on a six-game winning streak overall and a three-game winning streak in ACC road games.
- Duke has defeated 19 consecutive unranked opponents.
- Head coach Mike Krzyzewski tied Adolph Rupp for the third-most wins by a coach at one school with 876.
- Duke is one of only two teams in the country ranked in the top five in the AP and Coaches polls, the NCAA RPI and SOS rankings.
The Last Time Out
- Mason Plumlee and Quinn Cook both scored 18 points, and Duke rallied from a seven-point second-half deficit to take down North Carolina 73-68 Wednesday in Cameron.
- Duke hit its final 13 free throws and shot 41.2 percent from three-point range in the second half to surge past the Tar Heels and hold off a late North Carolina rally that cut Duke’s lead to three points under the seven-minute mark.
- Plumlee scored 10 points in the second half on the way to his 14th double-double of the season. He picked up his fourth foul of the game with 6:48 remaining but contributed six points and four rebounds the rest of the way without picking up his fifth foul.
- The difference was a 16-5 Duke run that turned a 38-31 deficit into a 47-43 Blue Devil lead. Duke hit three straight three-pointers, including two from Tyler Thornton, during that span.
- Duke, ranked No. 2 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 108 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
- Duke is one of only two teams in the top five of the Associated Press Poll (No. 4), Coaches Poll (No. 4), NCAA RPI (No. 1) and Strength of Schedule index (No. 2). Miami is the only other team in the country in the top five in all four.
- Duke is 5-0 in games that are within one possession inside the final three minutes of the game. Duke has defeated No. 3 Kentucky (75-68), No. 2 Louisville (76-71), No. 4 Ohio State (73-68), Wake Forest (75-70) and Boston College (62-61) in those games, four of which have been on the road or at neutral sites.
- Duke leads the ACC in three-point percentage (.408) and three-point field goals per game (7.6 3pg.). The .408 clip would rank as the third-best in school history.
- With the win over North Carolina on Wednesday, head coach Mike Krzyzewski tied Adolph Rupp for the third-most career victories at one school. Krzyzewski is 876-234 (.789) all-time as Duke’s head coach. Krzyzewski is three wins shy of tying Dean Smith for second all-time at one school and 33 shy of all-time leader Jim Boeheim.
- Coach K needs just one more win to reach 950 for his career. He is the winningest coach in Division I men’s basketball with 40 more wins than the next closest coach.
- Duke is one of only two teams in the ACC with five players averaging double-digit scoring. Mason Plumlee (18.2 ppg), Seth Curry (16.5), Ryan Kelly (13.4), Quinn Cook (12.0) and Rasheed Sulaimon (11.5) are all averaging more than 10 points per game.
- Duke owns a 1.36:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, which would best the school record of 1.32:1 set by the 2000-01 NCAA Championship team.
- Mason Plumlee needs just 16 more rebounds to reach 1,000 for his career. Plumlee would be the eighth Blue Devil to reach that mark and the third with 1,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 150 blocks.
- Duke has three players shooting over 40.0 percent from three-point range: Ryan Kelly (.521, 25-of-48), Quinn Cook (.409, 38-of-93) and Seth Curry (.418, 59-of-141). The only time in school history Duke had three players shoot .400 or better from three-point range (minimum 25 made 3-pointers) was in the 1991-92 season (Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, Thomas Hill).
Duke-Maryland Series History
- Duke leads the all-time series with Maryland 113-61, including a 55-16 mark in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Duke is 54-21 against Maryland under Coach K.
- Duke has faced Maryland 174 times, more than any other out-of-state opponent.
- In the regular season, Duke is 100-56 against Maryland. Duke is 12-5 against the Terps in the ACC Tournament and 1-0 in the NCAA Tournament.
- Duke has won six straight games against Maryland and 12 of the last 13 meetings.
- This is the second matchup of the season between the two teams. On Jan. 26, Duke freshman Rasheed Sulaimon scored a career-high 25 points and tied a Duke freshman record with six made three-pointers to lead Duke to an 84-64 win in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Mason Plumlee scored 19 points, and Amile Jefferson had 11 points and nine rebounds.