- J.J. Redick Helps Give the Clippers One of the NBA’s Best BackcourtsPosted 11 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Special Chemistry Forming for this TeamPosted 1 day ago
- Duke Basketball: Quinn Cook & Amile Jefferson Named Team CaptainsPosted 1 day ago
- Kyrie Irving is Ready to Lead the CavaliersPosted 2 days ago
- The Subs: Looking Back at Some Great PerformancesPosted 2 days ago
- Dennis Smith Jr. Open Gym Attracts a Who’s Who of CoachesPosted 2 days ago
Duke Basketball to Make Two Appearances on ESPN College GameDay
Led by Hall of Fame head coach Mike Krzyzewski, the Duke men’s basketball team has been selected for a pair of ESPN College GameDay appearances this season as announced by ESPN Tuesday. The Blue Devils face Syracuse on Feb. 1 with the GameDay crew on hand and then host the event on March 8 prior to its season finale against North Carolina.
Entering its 10th season, ESPN’s College GameDay Covered by State Farm – the eight-week Saturday morning and evening college basketball program originating from the site of ESPN’s Saturday Primetime Presented by DIRECTV telecast – begins Saturday, Jan. 18 with a special split-site show. The first hour begins at 10 a.m. ET on ESPNU, continuing at 11 a.m. on ESPN with a one-hour evening edition leading into the Saturday Primetime game-of-the-week on ESPN.
Duke has appeared on ESPN College GameDay nine times, including the 2005 ACC Tournament semifinals, while hosting the festivities in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012. The Blue Devils are 4-5 overall with a 3-2 mark in their last five College GameDay appearances.
The ACC is the only conference with two games featured among the slate of nine Saturday contests, which begins Jan. 18 and runs through March 8.
“Over the past ten years, College GameDay and the Saturday Primetime series have become a weekly showcase of the best the sport has to offer and this year’s schedule promises to deliver a collection of the biggest and best games from across the country,” said Nick Dawson, Senior Director, Programming & Acquisitions. “There is no sport with more passionate fans than college basketball and there is no more passionate setting than a Saturday on-campus with GameDay and Saturday Primetime on-site.”
For the 10th year, Rece Davis will serve as host for College GameDay. He will be joined by analysts Jay Bilas, Digger Phelps and Jalen Rose to preview all the day’s action and discuss the biggest storylines in college basketball.
- Fifteen schools, including nine of the top 10, on the Saturday Primetime schedule are top 25 picks in ESPN.com writer Jason King’s preseason top 25 poll: No. 1 Kentucky, No. 2 Louisville, No. 3 Michigan State, No. 4 Arizona, No. 5 Kansas, No. 6 Duke, No. 7 Florida, No. 9 Syracuse, No. 10 Michigan, No. 11 Oklahoma State, No. 12 North Carolina, No. 15 Memphis, No. 18 Gonzaga, No. 21 Connecticut and No. 23 UCLA.
- Kentucky will host for the second-straight year and for a record-tying fifth time at Rupp Arena when it plays SEC opponent Florida on Feb. 15.
- Duke will make two GameDay appearances and host at Cameron Indoor Stadium for a record-tying fifth time prior to its ACC matchup against North Carolina on March 8.
- Syracuse will face Duke for the first time as ACC opponents in the primetime game on Feb. 1.
- A special 30-minute College GameDay will be live from the third-installment of the State Farm Champions Classic on Tuesday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. – prior to the Michigan State vs. Kentucky (7:30 p.m.) and Kansas vs. Duke (9:30 p.m.).