- Duke Basketball: 2015 Recruits in the Top 50 Composite RankingsPosted 3 hours ago
- Three Top Blue Devils in Different Eras: Dawkins, Hill, and RedickPosted 7 hours ago
- Why Adrian Wojnarowski Gets it Wrong with Mike Krzyzewski & USA BasketballPosted 2 days ago
- Observations from Duke’s win over KansasPosted 3 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Rank the Blue Devils’ Biggest Competition in the ACCPosted 5 days ago
- Five Questions – Football Edition – for Rock Chalk Blog about Duke vs. KansasPosted 5 days ago
Duke vs. Boston College Pregame Notes
Duke vs. Boston College
Sunday, February 24, 2013 • 2:00 p.m. • ACC Network
Durham, N.C. • Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314)
Play-by-Play: Tim Brant
Analyst: Cory Alexander
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius – 94; XM – 191
The Opening Tip
- The Blue Devils are ranked No. 6 in the AP Poll and in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke is 105-29 all-time when ranked No. 6 in the AP Poll.
- The Blue Devils have been ranked in the AP Top 10 for 109 consecutive weeks. Duke had been ranked in the top five for 13 straight weeks prior to this week’s No. 6 ranking.
- Duke is playing its 203rd straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 169-33 in that span.
- Following Thursday’s win at Virginia Tech, head coach Mike Krzyzewski moved into third place for most wins by a coach at one school with 877. He is two wins why of tying Dean Smith for second on that list.
- Duke is 13-0 in Cameron Indoor Stadium this season with three home games remaining. Duke has put together 16 undefeated seasons in Cameron, including nine under Coach K, the last of which came in 2010-11.
The Last Time Out
- Seth Curry hit 5-of-6 three-pointers and scored 22 points to lead Duke past Virginia Tech 88-56 in Blacksburg, Va., Thursday.
- Curry sparked a three-point shooting barrage in which Duke finished 12-of-17 from beyond the arc and five different players hit a three-pointer. The .706 three-point shooting percentage was the highest by any visiting team in Division I basketball this season.
- Mason Plumlee recorded a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds while also dishing out five assists and blocking three shots. Rasheed Sulaimon and Josh Hairston also scored in double figures with 17 and 11 points, respectively.
- Duke had just five turnovers while dishing out 15 assists.
- The win was Duke’s largest over an ACC opponent since an 82-50 win over North Carolina on March 6, 2010.
- Duke, ranked No. 6 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 109 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
- Duke is one of only three teams in the top 10 of the Associated Press Poll (No. 6), Coaches Poll (No. 6), NCAA RPI (No. 1) and Strength of Schedule index (No. 1). Miami and Louisville are the other two teams ranked among the top 10.
- Duke leads the ACC in three-point percentage (.414) and three-point field goals per game (7.7 3pg.). The .414 clip would rank as the third-best in school history. Duke has made 10 or more three-point field goals nine times this season.
- Head coach Mike Krzyzewski passed Adolph Rupp for the third-most career victories at one school. Krzyzewski is 877-235 (.789) all-time as Duke’s head coach. Krzyzewski is two wins shy of tying Dean Smith for second all-time at one school and 34 shy of all-time leader Jim Boeheim.
- Coach K recorded his 950th career win on Thursday at Virginia Tech. He is the winningest coach in Division I men’s basketball with 40 more wins than the next closest coach.
- Duke is one of only five teams in the country with two players averaging at least 17.0 points per game. Both Mason Plumlee (17.5 ppg.) and Seth Curry (17.1 ppg.) average over 17.0 points per game.
- Duke has outscored opponents 81.0 to 61.1 at Cameron Indoor Stadium this season on the way to a perfect 13-0 home record. Duke has defeated 11 opponents by double figures in Cameron this season.
- Duke owns a 1.39:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, which would best the school record of 1.32:1 set by the 2000-01 NCAA Championship team.
- Mason Plumlee needs just one more rebound to reach 1,000 for his career. Plumlee would be the eighth Blue Devil to reach that mark and the third with 1,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 150 blocks.
- Seth Curry has scored 20+ points in eight of Duke’s 13 ACC games. He has scored in double figures in all but two of those games and averages 17.9 points per game in league play to rank third in the ACC. Curry is also tops in conference play in made three-pointers per game (3.2) and third with a .456 three-point shooting percentage.
- Josh Hairston has scored in double figures in back-to-back games while shooting 8-of-11 from the floor. Hairston has four career double-figure scoring games.
Duke-Boston College Series History
- Duke and Boston College have met 17 times heading into Sunday’s game with the first meeting between the two schools coming on Dec. 21, 1979.
- The Blue Devils lead the all-time series 15-2, including an 11-1 ledger since Boston College joined the ACC.
- Duke has won six straight and 14 of the last 15 games in the series.
- Mike Krzyzewski is 14-2 at Duke against the Eagles, including a 6-0 record in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Eight of the 12 games since Boston College joined the ACC have been decided by 10 points or less.
- In the first meeting between the teams in 2013, Duke scored six straight points in the final two minutes to win, 62-61. Duke trailed 61-56 with 1:58 remaining until Quinn Cook hit a three-pointer and Mason Plumlee hit three free throws in the final minute.