- J.J. Redick Helps Give the Clippers One of the NBA’s Best BackcourtsPosted 9 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Special Chemistry Forming for this TeamPosted 23 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Quinn Cook & Amile Jefferson Named Team CaptainsPosted 1 day ago
- Kyrie Irving is Ready to Lead the CavaliersPosted 2 days ago
- The Subs: Looking Back at Some Great PerformancesPosted 2 days ago
- Dennis Smith Jr. Open Gym Attracts a Who’s Who of CoachesPosted 2 days ago
Duke vs Boston College Pregame Notes
Duke at Boston College
Sunday, February 10, 2013 • 6:00 p.m.
Chestnut Hill, Mass. • Conte Forum (8,606)
Play-by-Play: Carter Blackburn
Analyst: Stephen Bardo
Sideline: Allison Williams
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius – 93, XM – 192
The Opening Tip
- Duke is 20-2 on the year following a 98-85 win over N.C. State on Thursday. Duke has won 20 games for the 48th time in school history, the 29th time under head coach Mike Krzyzewski and the 17th straight season.
- The Blue Devils are ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke is 53-11 all-time when ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll.
- The Blue Devils have been ranked in the AP Top 10 for 107 consecutive weeks and in the top five for 12 consecutive weeks.
- Duke is playing its 199th straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 166-32 in that span.
- Duke has won back-to-back ACC road games by an average margin of 12.0 points per game. Duke defeated Wake Forest 75-70 and Florida State 79-60.
- Duke is the only team in the country ranked in the top five in the AP and Coaches polls, the NCAA RPI and SOS rankings.
The Last Time Out
- Mason Plumlee scored 30 points, Seth Curry scored 26 and Quinn Cook scored 21 to lead No. 4 Duke past N.C. State 98-85 in Cameron Indoor Stadium. The 98 points were the most by an ACC team against an ACC opponent this season.
- Duke hit 10 three-pointers in the first half on the way to a 58-37 halftime lead. Curry and Cook hit four each and combined for 30 points in the opening frame.
- N.C. State trailed by 21 points at halftime but cut the lead to single digits with 1:52 remaining.
- The win improved Duke’s home record to 12-0 this season.
- Duke’s starting five of Plumlee, Cook, Curry, Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon combined to score 92 of Duke’s 98 points. The 92 points were the most by a Duke starting five this season.
- Duke, ranked No. 4 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 107 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
- Duke is the only team ranked among the top five in the Associated Press Poll (No. 4), Coaches Poll (No. 4), NCAA RPI (No. 1) and Strength of Schedule index (No. 2).
- Duke leads the ACC in three-point percentage (.411) and three-point field goals per game (7.8 3pg.). The .411 clip would rank as the third-best in school history.
- Duke has won 20 games for the 48th time in program history, the 29th time under Coach K and for the 17th consecutive season.
- Coach K is currently tied for third in NCAA history in 20-win seasons trailing only Jim Boeheim (34) and • Smith (30) and tied with Bob Knight (29) and Lute Olson (29).
- Duke owns a 1.44:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, which would best the previous school record of 1.32 set by the 2001 NCAA Championship team.
- Duke ranks among the top 10 in the country in scoring offense (8th, 79.0), three-point field goal percentage (7th, .411) and assist-to-turnover ratio (5th, 1.44:1).
- Duke has four players shooting over 40.0 percent from three-point range: Ryan Kelly (.521, 25-of-48), Seth Curry (.423, 55-of-130), Rasheed Sulaimon (.414, 36-of-87) and Quinn Cook (.412, 35-of-85). Duke has never had four players shoot over 40.0 percent from three-point range (minimum 25 made three-pointers) in a seson and has only once had three players shoot 40.0 percent or better, doing so in the 1991-92 season (Christian Laettner, Bobby Hurley, Thomas Hill).
- Seth Curry leads the ACC with 2.6 made three-pointers per game. Curry is shooting .423 (55-of-130) from three-point range to rank fourth in the league in three-point shooting percentage.
- With 11.9 points, 6.1 assists and 4.1 rebounds per game, Quinn Cook is attempting to join Dick Groat (1952), Jason Williams (2000, 2001) and Chris Duhon (2004) as the only Duke players to average at least 10.0 points, 6.0 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game.
- Mason Plumlee is shooting .810 (34-of-42) from the floor over his last four games. His .613 field goal percentage this season is the sixth-highest in the nation and would rank 10th on Duke’s single-season list.
Duke-Boston College Series History
- Duke and Boston College have met 16 times heading into Sunday’s game with the first meeting between the two schools coming on Dec. 21, 1979.
- The Blue Devils lead the all-time series 14-2, including a 10-1 ledger since Boston College joined the ACC.
- Duke has won five straight and 13 of the last 14 games in the series.
- Mike Krzyzewski is 13-2 at Duke against the Eagles, including a 5-1 record at the Conte Forum.
- Seven of the 11 games since Boston College joined the ACC have been decided by 10 points or less.
- Five of the six games in the series that have been played at the Conte Forum have been decided by 10 points or less.
- Duke and Boston College have met twice in the ACC Tournament with Duke winning both games.