- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Who’s Still on the Radar for 2015?Posted 7 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Preview of Notre DamePosted 1 day ago
- Duke Basketball: Blue Devils Beat St. John’s & Coach K gets 1000th WinPosted 3 days ago
- Marshall Plumlee is Joining the ArmyPosted 5 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Will Coach K Pass Pat Summitt’s Win Total?Posted 6 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Remembering Coach K’s 500th WinPosted 1 week ago
Duke vs Clemson Pregame Notes
Duke (14-0, 1-0) vs. Clemson (8-5, 0-1)
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 • 7:02 p.m. • ESPNU
Durham, N.C. • Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314)
Play-by-Play: Tom Hart
Analyst: Len Elmore
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius – 139; XM – 191
The Opening Tip
- Duke is 14-0 on the year and looking to open the season with 15 straight wins for the sixth time under Mike Krzyzewski.
- Duke is seeking its 13th single-season 15-game win streak in program history.
- The Blue Devils are ranked No. 1 in both the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke has been ranked No. 1 in 11 of the past 16 seasons.
- Duke has been ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll 126 weeks overall, including 108 weeks under Coach K.
- Duke is 212-31 all-time when ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll. Krzyzewski is second in NCAA history with 188 wins and 214 games at the helm of the top-ranked team in the AP Poll.
- Coach K’s first game at the helm of the No. 1 ranked team in the AP Poll was a 77-69 road win over Clemson on Feb. 26, 1986.
- Duke is 12-1 all-time against Clemson when ranked No. 1 in the AP Poll, including an 11-0 mark under Mike Krzyzewski.
The Last Time Out
- Duke won its fifth straight game as the nation’s No. 1 team, topping Wake Forest, 80-62, Saturday in its ACC opener.
- Ryan Kelly and Seth Curry each netted 22 points to pace the Blue Devils. Kelly was 6-of-9 from the field with a career-best five three-point field goals, while Curry went 8-of-15 from the field with three three-point field goals.
- Mason Plumlee registered his ACC-leading ninth double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds in the win over the Demon Deacons.
- Rasheed Sulaimon added 12 points, while Quinn Cook set a career-high with 14 assists.
- The Blue Devils recorded assists on their first 12 field goals and finished the contest with 22 assists while matching a season-low with six turnovers.
- Duke made seven straight three-point field goals in the opening half of play and finished the game with 11 treys.
- Duke, ranked No. 1 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 103 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
- Under Coach K, Duke has played more games as a No. 1 team (214 entering Tuesday’s contest) than it has as an unranked team (141).
- Duke is playing its 191st straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 160-30 in that span.
- Seth Curry needs just two more points to reach 1,000 for his career. Curry would be the second Duke player to reach that mark this season, following Mason Plumlee who netted his 1,000th career point against Santa Clara on Dec. 29.
- As a team, Duke is shooting 50.0 percent (34-of-68) from three-point range over the last four games. Ryan Kelly is leading the way with a torrid 70.6 percent (12-of-17) shooting clip from deep during that stretch.
- On the season, Duke is shooting 42.1 percent (109-of-259) from three-point range which would rank as the third-highest three-point shooting percentage in school history. Duke has shot over 40.0 percent from three just three times in school history (1982-83, 1986-87, 1991-92).
- Duke’s point guard combo of Quinn Cook and Tyler Thornton combines to average 8.9 assists and just 3.7 turnovers per game, good for a 2.41:1 assist-to-turnover ratio. The tandem has distributed 125 assists, while Duke opponents have just 122 assists on the year.
- Mason Plumlee ranks seventh in the NCAA in rebounding at 11.3 rebounds per game. He has led or shared the Duke lead in rebounds in 12 straight games and 13 times overall this season. Shelden Williams holds the Coach K-era rebounding mark at 11.2 rpg. during the 2004-05 season.
- Quinn Cook had a career-best 14 assists in his last outing and is now averaging 10.3 points and 6.2 assists per game. Dick Groat (1952), Bobby Hurley (1991, 1992), Jason Williams (2000, 2001) and Chris Duhon (2004) are the only other players in Duke history to average at least 10.0 points and 6.0 assists per game.
- Ryan Kelly has made at least one three-point field goal in eight straight contests. He is shooting .655 (19-of-29) from three-point range, while averaging 14.8 points per game over that span.
Duke-Clemson Series History
- Duke leads the all-time series 104-29, including a 56-4 mark at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Duke is 50-11 against Clemson under Mike Krzyzewski.
- Duke has won the last four meetings in the series and 26 of the last 28 contests overall.
- The Blue Devils have won 14 straight games at Cameron Indoor Stadium in the all-time series. Clemson last won in Durham on Jan. 4, 1995 in Krzyzewski’s final game of the season before sitting out the final 19 games following back surgery.
Duke vs. the Atlantic Coast Conference
- Duke is 399-161 all-time in the regular season against teams currently in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Under Mike Krzyzewski, Duke is 336-140 against the ACC in the regular season and 53-18 in the ACC Tournament.
- Duke has domianted the ACC regular season since 1997, logging a 192-49 record during that span which is 35 more wins than the next closest school.