- Can Duke Make a Run Without Rasheed Sulaimon?Posted 8 hours ago
- Rasheed Sulaimon Dismissed from Duke Basketball ProgramPosted 11 hours ago
- Duke Football 2015 Schedule AnnouncedPosted 18 hours ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Who’s Still on the Radar for 2015?Posted 2 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Preview of Notre DamePosted 3 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Blue Devils Beat St. John’s & Coach K gets 1000th WinPosted 4 days ago
Duke vs Florida State Pregame Notes
Duke at Florida State, Saturday, February 2, 2013 • 2:00 p.m. • ESPN
Tallahassee, Fla. • Donald L. Tucker Center (12,100)ESPN
Play-by-Play: Dave O’Brien
Analyst: Doris Burke
Sideline: Jeannine Edwards
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Play-by-Play: Bill Rosinski
Analyst: Jim Spanarkel
Sirius/XM – 91
The Opening Tip
- Duke is 18-2 on the year and looking to match the eighth-best start in school history with a win. The Blue Devils have opened the season 19-2 eight times overall, including four times under Coach K.
- The Blue Devils are ranked No. 5 in both the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke is 73-24 all-time when ranked No. 5 in the AP Poll.
- The Blue Devils have been ranked in the AP Top 10 for 106 consecutive weeks.
- Duke is playing its 197th straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 164-32 in that span.
- The Blue Devils are looking for their second true road win of the season. Duke is 1-2 in ACC road games after going 8-0 on league opponents’ home courts last season.
- Duke is one of only two teams in the country ranked in the top five in the AP and Coaches polls, the NCAA RPI and SOS rankings.
The Last Time Out
- Mason Plumlee scored a career-high 32 points to lead Duke past Wake Forest, 75-70, on Wednesday in Joel Coliseum. Plumlee’s 32 points were the most by a Duke player this season and came on 12-of-15 shooting. Plumlee shot 8-of-10 from the free throw line.
- Seth Curry poured in 21 points, giving Duke multiple 20-point scorers against Wake Forest for the seventh time in the last eight meetings. Duke has had at least one 20-point scorer in 18 of the last 19 meetings with the Deacs.
- Wake Forest tied the game at 66-66 with 3:48 remaining, but Curry – who had missed his first five three-point attempts of the game – hit a trey with 3:01 remaining to put Duke in the lead for good.
- Curry and Plumlee combined for 24 of Duke’s 35 points in the second half.
- Quinn Cook added 12 points, four rebounds and seven assists in the win.
Duke-Florida State Series History
- Duke leads the all-time series 31-9, including a 13-6 mark in Tallahassee, Fla.
- The Blue Devils are 29-8 against Florida State under Mike Krzyzewski.
- Florida State has won three of the last four meetings, including two of the three games in 2011-12. Florida State is one of only two ACC teams since 2007-08 (North Carolina) to beat Duke twice in the same season, doing so once in the 2011-12 regular season and again in the 2012 ACC Tournament semifinal.
- The last four games in the series have each been decided by eight points or less.
- Duke has won three of the last four games at the Donald L. Tucker Center.
- The Blue Devils won the first meeting in the all-time series, 97-75, at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Jan. 3, 1955.
- Duke, ranked No. 5 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 106 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
- The Blue Devils are 73-24 all-time when ranked No. 5 in the AP Poll. Duke has won nine straight and 20 of its last 21 games when ranked No. 5 overall.
- Duke and Kansas are the only two teams ranked among the top five in the Associated Press Poll (No. 5), Coaches Poll (No. 5), NCAA RPI (No. 1) and Strength of Schedule index (No. 2).
- Duke leads the ACC in three-point percentage (.401) and three-point field goals per game (7.5 3pg.). The .401 clip would rank as fourth-best in school history.
- Duke owns a 1.39:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, which would best the previous school record of 1.32 set by the 2001 NCAA Championship team. Duke has 307 assists to 221 turnovers and has finished with more assists than turnovers 14 times this season. Duke opponents have finished with more assists than turnovers just twice.
- Following Wednesday’s 75-70 win at Wake Forest, Duke improved to 4-0 this season in games that were within one possession in the final three minutes. Duke’s previous close wins were over No. 3 Kentucky (75-68), No. 2 Louisville (76-71) and No. 4 Ohio State (73-68).
- Against Wake Forest, Duke ended a streak of 27 minutes and 47 seconds without a turnover. Duke has turned the ball over on just 15.8 percent of its possessions, the sixth-lowest mark in the country.
- Mason Plumlee (32 points) and Seth Curry (21 points) combined for 53 points on Wednesday against Wake Forest, marking the second time this season that the senior duo has combined for more than 50 points in a game. Plumlee and Curry are the second best scoring duo in the ACC, averaging a combined 34.1 points per game.
- Quinn Cook, averaging 11.2 points and 6.3 assists per game, is attempting to join Dick Groat (1952), Bobby Hurley (1991, 1992), Jason Williams (2000, 2001) and Chris Duhon (2004) as the only players in Duke history to average at least 10.0 points and 6.0 assists per game.
- Freshman Rasheed Sulaimon is averaging 15.5 points per game and shooting .550 (11-of-20) from three-point range over his last four games.
- Seth Curry has scored 20 or more points in four of Duke’s seven ACC contests. He is second in the ACC with nine 20+ point efforts this season.