Who: Duke (23-8, 11-7) vs. Louisville (24-7, 12-6)
When: Thursday, March 9, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
Where: Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center (17,732)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 24-8 (11-7 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 14/14
Last Game W, 79-72 vs. Clemson (3/8/17)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,067-329/42nd Season
Duke Record 994-270/37th Season
Record 24-7 (12-6 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 10/9
Last Game W, 71-64 vs. No. 19 Notre Dame (3/4/17)
Head Coach Rick Pitino (UMass, ‘74)
Career Record 769-269/33rd Season
Louisville Record 415-141/17th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• Duke will continue its quest to become the first No. 5 seed to win the ACC Tournament when it faces Louisville Thursday in quarterfinal play.
• Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has a 58-22 (.725) record at the ACC Tournament. His 58 wins are tied with Dean Smith for the most in league history.
• Despite rotation players combining to miss 43 games due to injury, Duke is tied for the national lead with 10 wins over RPI top-50 teams.
• On average, Duke outscores opponents by 9.9 points from three-point territory on the year.
• For the 14th time in program history and first since 2010, Duke has three active 1,000-point scorers in Grayson Allen (1,337), Luke Kennard (1,068) and Amile Jefferson (1,033).
• Kennard ranks third in the ACC with an average of 35.7 minutes per game. Despite the workload, he leads the ACC in scoring (20.1) and ranks second in three-point percentage (.441).
• Jefferson has blocked a career-high 50 shots this season and his 123 blocks rank 10th on Duke’s career chart.
• Jayson Tatum (16.1 points, 7.4 rebounds) is making a bid to join Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor as the only freshmen to average 15+ points and 7+ rebounds under Coach K.
• Kennard was a unanimous first-team All-ACC selection, while Tatum was a third-team pick. Tatum earned All-Freshman Team honors and Matt Jones was named to the All-Defensive Team.