Who: Duke (25-8, 11-7) vs. North Carolina (27-6, 12-6)
When: Friday, March 10, 2017
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Where: Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center (17,732)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 25-8 (11-7 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 14/14
Last Game W, 81-77 vs. No. 10 Louisville (3/9/17)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,068-329/42nd Season
Duke Record 995-270/37th Season
NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS
Record 27-6 (14-4 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 6/6
Last Game W, 78-53 vs. Miami (3/9/17)
Head Coach Roy Williams (North Carolina, ‘72)
Career Record 810-215/29th Season
North Carolina Record 392-114/14th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• The greatest rivalry in college sports will take place in the ACC Tournament for the first time since 2011 on Friday as fifth-seeded Duke clashes with top seed North Carolina.
• Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has a 59-22 (.728) record at the ACC Tournament. His 59 wins are an ACC Tournament record.
• Despite rotation players combining to miss 43 games due to injury, Duke has won 11 games over RPI top-50 teams. Five of the 11 have come away from Cameron against ranked teams.
• On average, Duke outscores opponents by 9.9 points from three-point territory on the year.
• For the 14th time in program history and first since 2010, Duke has three active 1,000-point scorers in Grayson Allen (1,355), Luke Kennard (1,092) and Amile Jefferson (1,035).
• Kennard ranks third in the ACC with an average of 35.8 minutes per game. Despite the workload, he leads the ACC in scoring (20.2). He has scored 20+ points 18 times on the year.
• Jefferson has blocked a career-high 51 shots this season and his 124 blocks rank 10th on Duke’s career chart. Jefferson is the 11th player in Duke history, and seventh under Coach K, to score 1,000 points and grab 900 rebounds in his career.
• Jayson Tatum (16.1 points, 7.4 rebounds) is making a bid to join Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor as the only freshmen to average 15+ points and 7+ rebounds under Coach K.