Who: Duke (23-7, 11-6) vs. North Carolina (25-6, 13-4)
When: Saturday, March 4, 2017
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Where: Chapel Hill, N.C. – Dean Dome (21,750)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 23-7 (11-6 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 17/14
Last Game W, 75-70 vs. No 15 Florida State (2/28/17)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,066-328/42nd Season
Duke Record 993-269/37th Season
NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS
Record 25-6 (13-4 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 5/5
Last Game L, 43-53 at No. 23 Virginia (2/27/17)
Head Coach Roy Williams (North Carolina, ‘72)
Career Record 808-215/29th Season
North Carolina Record 390-114/14th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• No. 17 Duke will travel to Chapel Hill Saturday where a win over No. 5 North Carolina would result in the third regular-season sweep of the rival Tar Heels in the last five years.
• Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has won 15 road games against AP top-five teams, the most in the history of the poll.
• Despite rotation players having combined to miss 43 games due to injury this season, Duke leads the nation with 10 wins over RPI top-50 teams.
• Duke ranks second in the ACC with an average of 8.9 threes per game in ACC play. On average, Duke outscores opponents by 10.4 points from three-point territory on the year.
• For the 14th time in program history and first since 2010, Duke has three active 1,000-point scorers in Grayson Allen (1,323), Luke Kennard (1,020) and Amile Jefferson (1,010).
• Kennard ranks third in the ACC with an average of 35.5 minutes per game. Despite the workload, he leads the ACC in three-point percentage (.454) and ranks second in scoring (19.8).
• Jefferson has blocked a career-high 46 shots this season and needs one more to move into a tie for 10th place on Duke’s career list (120).
• Jayson Tatum (16.1 points, 7.4 rebounds) is making a bid to join Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor as the only freshmen to average 15+ points and 7+ rebounds under Coach K.
• Allen, Kennard and Tatum all shoot better than 80 percent from the line this season for a Duke team that is shooting .752 as a unit.