#10/11 Duke (22-5, 10-4) at Syracuse (16-12, 8-7)
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 // 7 p.m. ET // ESPN
Syracuse, N.Y. // Carrier Dome (35,446)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 22-5 (10-4 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 10/11
Last Game W, 99-94 vs. Wake Forest (2/18/17)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,065-326/42nd Season
Duke Record 992-267/37th Season
Record 16-12 (8-7 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) NR/NR
Last Game L, 65-71 at Georgia Tech (2/19/17)
Head Coach Jim Boeheim (Syracuse, ‘66)
Career Record 900-354/41st Season
Syracuse Record 900-354/41st Season
THE OPENING TIP
• Two of the winningest coaches in college basketball history will lead their teams against each other Wednesday when Mike Krzyzewski guides Duke against Syracuse and Jim Boeheim.
• Coach K has a 4-3 edge in the head-to-head meetings between the two close friends.
• Duke has utilized the same starting lineup six times during its seven-game winning streak. The lone exception was against Pitt, when Frank Jackson started for a hobbled Matt Jones.
• Led by Luke Kennard (20.0), Duke is one of three major-conference teams with three players averaging at 15.0+ points (also Arizona State and UCLA).
• Duke leads the ACC with an average of 9.3 three-pointers per game in league play. Duke is shooting .447 from deep during its seven-game winning streak, making 10.9 per game.
• On average, Duke outscores opponents by 10.4 points from three-point territory.
• Kennard ranks third in the ACC with an average of 35.1 minutes per game. Despite the workload, he leads the ACC in three-point percentage (.455) and ranks second in scoring.
• Jayson Tatum is averaging 18.8 points in Duke’s last four games. He is shooting .489 from the floor, .571 from deep and .950 from the line during that stretch.
• Amile Jefferson (978/872) needs 22 points to become the ninth Duke player under Coach K to score 1,000 points and haul in 850 rebounds.