Duke vs Temple Pregame Notes
Duke (8-0) vs. Temple (6-0)
Saturday, December 8, 2012 • 3:17 p.m. • ESPN
East Rutherford, N.J. • Izod Center (20,029)
Play-by-Play: Mike Patrick
Analyst: Bill Raftery
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius – 93; XM – 197
The Opening Tip
- Duke is 8-0 on the year and looking to open the season with nine straight wins for the 15th time under Mike Krzyzewski.
- The Blue Devils are ranked No. 2 in both the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll.
- Duke is 112-16 all-time when ranked No. 2 in the country. The Blue Devils have won six straight when holding the second spot in the AP Poll.
- The Blue Devils are playing their fifth neutral site contest of the season. Duke is 4-0 on the year and 40-4 over the last five seasons in neutral site contests.
- Senior Mason Plumlee has scored 16 or more points in all eight games this season and ranks second in the ACC in scoring (19.6 ppg.). He also leads the league in rebounds (11.0 rpg.). Plumlee is attempting to become just the third player in ACC history (joining Ralph Sampson and Tim Duncan) to average 19.0 points and 11.0 rebounds per game.
The Last Time Out
- Duke is coming off a lopsided 88-50 win over Delaware Dec. 1. Five Blue Devils scored in double figures with Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly leading the way with 18 points apiece. Plumlee also had a game-high 11 rebounds for his ACC-leading fifth double-double of the year.
- Freshman Rasheed Sulaimon scored in double figures for the seventh straight game in the win over the Blue Hens. He finished with 14 points, four rebounds and a season-high six assists.
- Amile Jefferson and Alex Murphy each scored in double figures for the first time in their careers. The tandem combined for 22 points and 13 rebounds against Delaware.
- Duke’s defense held Delaware to just 27.7 percent (18-of-65) shooting Saturday. The Blue Devils also forced 15 turnovers while allowing just three assists.
- Duke, ranked No. 2 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 98 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
- The Blue Devils are playing their 185th straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 154-30 in that span.
- The Blue Devils have won 44 of their last 49 nonconference contests. Duke is 76-9 in non-league games since the start of the 2008-09 season.
- Duke’s starting lineup has accounted for 88.4 percent of the team’s total scoring this season with 557 of Duke’s 630 points through eight games. The starters have accounted for 34 of Duke’s 36 double-figures scoring games on the year.
- Mason Plumlee ranks second in the ACC in scoring (19.6 ppg.) and first in rebounds (11.0 rpg.) on the season. He is one of only four players in the country averaging at least 18.0 points per game and 10.0 rebounds per game. Plumlee is the only one of those four shooting over 60.0 percent from the floor (.654).
- Mason Plumlee has shot 50.0 percent or better from the field in each of the past 14 games dating back to last season. Plumlee is 80-of-122 (.656) from the field during that span, including 53-of-81 (.654) this season. He is averaging 16.6 points per game with seven double-doubles in that span.
- Freshman Rasheed Sulaimon has scored in double figures in seven straight games and ranks 18th in the ACC (second among freshmen) at 12.9 ppg. He is also averaging 4.3 rebounds per game, which is the highest average of any ACC player under 6-foot-5.
- Quinn Cook is averaging 11.5 points, 3.7 rebounds and 7.0 assists per game since joining the starting lineup six games ago. He has three double-figure scoring games and five games with five or more assists in that span.
- Ryan Kelly is averaging 15.7 points on 17-of-32 (.531) shooting from the field over the last three games. He is also 5-of-10 from three-point range during that stretch.
- Duke opponents have recorded just 19 assists over the last four games. In comparison, the Blue Devils have 61 assists in that same span. Duke has held its opposition to six or fewer assists five times this season.