- Duke Football: Despite Devastating Loss Duke Marches OnPosted 2 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Blue Devils Take Care of Business Against TemplePosted 17 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Preview of TemplePosted 1 day ago
- Duke Basketball: Takeaways from the Win over Michigan StatePosted 4 days ago
- Duke vs. North Carolina: What to Watch ForPosted 4 days ago
- ESPN Announces Christian Laettner 30 for 30 FilmPosted 4 days ago
Jabari Parker Named to Naismith Midseason Top 30 List
Duke freshman Jabari Parker was named to the Naismith Trophy Midseason Top 30 List as announced by the Atlanta Tipoff Club Thursday. Parker is one of six freshman and one of four players from the Atlantic Coast Conference on the list.
Parker enters this weekend’s game against Maryland (Saturday – 6pm – ESPN) averaging a team-leading 19.2 points and 8.5 rebounds per game. He is second in the ACC in scoring, while leading the conference in rebounds and double-doubles (eight). The Chicago, Ill., native has scored 20 or more points in a game 14 times this season, which is tied for fourth-most by a freshman in ACC history.
Parker has been honored as the ACC Player of the Week twice on the year, while also garnering ACC Rookie of the Week accolades seven times. In his last outing, an 89-68 road win over Boston College, Parker set career-high in points (29), field goals (12) and rebounds (16). He also added three blocks versus the Eagles to become just the fourth player in Duke history to record 25-or-more points, 15-or-more rebounds and three-or-more blocks in a game.