- Duke Basketball: Blue Devils Beat St. John’s & Coach K gets 1000th WinPosted 18 hours ago
- Marshall Plumlee is Joining the ArmyPosted 3 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Will Coach K Pass Pat Summitt’s Win Total?Posted 4 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Remembering Coach K’s 500th WinPosted 5 days ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Coaches Catch Another Harry Giles GamePosted 5 days ago
- Duke Football: Jamison Crowder Shines at Senior BowlPosted 5 days ago
Jabari Parker Staying At Duke?
Adam Zagoria reported that during a press conference for the Preseason NIT, Jabari Parker spoke with SNY.tv about the possibility of coming back to Duke next season to team up with Jahlil Okafor:
“Oh, it would be great. I would just work off him. A lot of attention would come up towards him and a lot of attention will come towards me, so we can work hand-in-hand with each other depending on where we are on different spots on the floor.”
For Blue Devil Nation, if Jabari Paker were to stay at Duke for his sophomore year, it would be one of the biggest moments in Duke Basketball history.
Parker would return to a team that would have the #1 recruiting class, along with bringing back solid veterans. Assuming Rodney Hood is the only one to declare for the NBA Draft, along the departing seniors, the roster for next year’s team would look like:
- Quinn Cook, PG
- Tyus Jones, PG
- Rasheed Sulaimon, SG
- Matt Jones, SG
- Grayson Allen, SG
- Nick Pagliuca, G
- Jabari Parker, F
- Justise Winslow, F
- Amile Jefferson, F
- Alex Murphy, F
- Semi Ojeleye, F
- Jalil Okafor, C
- Marshall Plumlee, C
Looks like the favorite for the National Championship doesn’t it?
While Duke needs to focus on this season and improving on the defensive end and rebounding, it is fun to dream about the future. Do you think Jabari Parker will return to Duke next season? Let us know in the poll below!