- Duke Basketball: An Offseason of Changes for Blue Devils in the NBAPosted 1 day ago
- Poll: More Important to Duke’s Success – Quinn Cook or Rasheed Sulaimon?Posted 1 day ago
- Duke Football: One Last Look at the 2013 SeasonPosted 4 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Impressions of the Nonconference SchedulePosted 4 days ago
- Throwback Thursday for Duke Basketball – 2001 Against MarylandPosted 5 days ago
- FanTake: Jabari Parker or Wojo: Who’ll Do Better in Milwaukee?Posted 1 week ago
Recruiting Profile: 2015 Guard Austin Grandstaff
6’4, 185 | Class of 2015
Shooting Guard / Point Guard
The 6’4 guard is ultra-competitive and very adept at getting himself to the tin. Grandstaff goes hard and does what you want in a guard, gets going north to south right at and into his defenders and has very good economy of movement. He has a very quick first step and uses his dribble very well to get separation and to elude defenders when need be.
Austin is a very good shooter but does not rely on that, coupled with his ability to drive to the basket he can score from all over. There isn’t a lot he can’t do at the guard spot. Don’t let the rankings fool you, Grandstaff is as elite as they come at the position and whichever school lands him is getting a winner.