- Jabari Parker Getting the Rookie Treatment with the BucksPosted 6 hours ago
- Duke Report Interview with Jon ScheyerPosted 18 hours ago
- Observations from Duke’s win over VirginiaPosted 1 day ago
- 2015 Center Diamond Stone Cuts Duke From ListPosted 4 days ago
- Duke Basketball Ranked 3rd in USA Today Preseason Coaches PollPosted 4 days ago
- Duke vs. Virginia: What to Watch forPosted 5 days ago
Recruiting Profile: 2015 Guard Austin Grandstaff
6’4, 185 | Class of 2015
Shooting Guard / Point Guard
The 6’4 guard is ultra-competitive and very adept at getting himself to the tin. Grandstaff goes hard and does what you want in a guard, gets going north to south right at and into his defenders and has very good economy of movement. He has a very quick first step and uses his dribble very well to get separation and to elude defenders when need be.
Austin is a very good shooter but does not rely on that, coupled with his ability to drive to the basket he can score from all over. There isn’t a lot he can’t do at the guard spot. Don’t let the rankings fool you, Grandstaff is as elite as they come at the position and whichever school lands him is getting a winner.