- Observations from Duke’s win over TulanePosted 11 hours ago
- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Coach K to Visit 2016 5-Star Recruits Next WeekPosted 2 days ago
- Duke vs. Tulane: What to Watch forPosted 2 days ago
- Duke Basketball: 2015 Recruits in the Top 50 Composite RankingsPosted 4 days ago
- Three Top Blue Devils in Different Eras: Dawkins, Hill, and RedickPosted 4 days ago
- Why Adrian Wojnarowski Gets it Wrong with Mike Krzyzewski & USA BasketballPosted 5 days ago
Recruiting Profile: 2015 Power Forward Chase Jeter
Class of 2015
Chase Jeter is a heady player, don’t let his 6’10 size fool you, he is athletic and the comparisons to Tim Duncan are warranted in terms of style of play and skill-set. He is 6’10 but not at all defined by height alone, his size is just one weapon, his best is his brain. They say you can’t teach height, but you also can’t teach court awareness. Jeter displays that, and reacts quickly to feeling the defense on his back and is capable of delivering precision passes to interior teammates or back to guards and quickly re-posting.
Good rebounder and can make a living putting back misses but his game is constantly evolving and he continues to add nuances that college coaches love. He had great touch around the rim and is expanding that touch out toward mid-range. The arc of his progression is one reason why Coach K and the Duke staff deemed him worthy of an offer.