- Duke Basketball Recruiting: Who’s Still on the Radar for 2015?Posted 23 hours ago
- Duke Basketball: Preview of Notre DamePosted 2 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Blue Devils Beat St. John’s & Coach K gets 1000th WinPosted 4 days ago
- Marshall Plumlee is Joining the ArmyPosted 6 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Will Coach K Pass Pat Summitt’s Win Total?Posted 7 days ago
- Duke Basketball: Remembering Coach K’s 500th WinPosted 1 week ago
Recruiting Profile: 2015 Power Forward Chase Jeter
Class of 2015
Chase Jeter is a heady player, don’t let his 6’10 size fool you, he is athletic and the comparisons to Tim Duncan are warranted in terms of style of play and skill-set. He is 6’10 but not at all defined by height alone, his size is just one weapon, his best is his brain. They say you can’t teach height, but you also can’t teach court awareness. Jeter displays that, and reacts quickly to feeling the defense on his back and is capable of delivering precision passes to interior teammates or back to guards and quickly re-posting.
Good rebounder and can make a living putting back misses but his game is constantly evolving and he continues to add nuances that college coaches love. He had great touch around the rim and is expanding that touch out toward mid-range. The arc of his progression is one reason why Coach K and the Duke staff deemed him worthy of an offer.