- Bob Verga: Greatness Not Fully RecognizedPosted 3 hours ago
- Observations from Duke’s win over ElonPosted 2 days ago
- Duke Recruiting: Blue Devils Make Final Five for 2015 Center Diamond StonePosted 4 days ago
- Poll: Will Duke Football beat Elon on Saturday?Posted 5 days ago
- Duke vs. Elon: What to Watch forPosted 6 days ago
- A Cameron Crazie’s Look at the Upcoming Duke Football and Basketball SeasonsPosted 1 week ago
Recruiting Roundup (12/13/12)
With Christmas break just around the corner, Duke recruiting has started to pick up steam. As many of you already know, Jabari Parker announced yesterday that he will be making his college decision on Thursday, December 20th. With Parker being the last top Duke target for the class of 2013, Thursday will be an important day for Blue Devil fans. Recently, it has been said that Duke is the favorite; however, Michigan State has been gaining ground. At this point, it is hard to say who is really in the lead. With that being said, Duke’s impressive start to the season has to help.
Also, make sure you tune into ESPN today at 9:30 EST as Jabari Parker (#1 ranked Simeon) matches up against Duke commit, Matt Jones (#19 DeSoto). Coach Mike Krzyzewski has confirmed that he will be in attendance although, I am not sure how much Parker will play because he is still recovering from his injury.
Switching to the class of 2014, Coach K visited point guard Tyus Jones in his hometown of Apple Valley, MN on Tuesday. On top of that, Krzyzewski is scheduled to watch center Jahlil Okafor in action on Friday (Jones and Okafor are said to be a package deal). This may or may not be the result of Coach Calipari increasing his interest in these two elite prospects. I am still very confident that Duke will ultimately land Jones and Okafor but, Kentucky will be a team to keep an eye out.
It also should be noted that Duke has reached out to Joshua Perkins (PG, Class of 2014) from Denver, Colorado. I believe this is simply a back up plan in case the Blue Devils fail to land Jones.