Who: Army Black Knights (1-0) vs. #4 Duke (1-0)
When: Sun. Nov. 11, 2018 1:0pm ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,101-338 (44th season)
Record at Duke: 1,028-279 (39th season)
ARMY BLACK KNIGHTS
Head Coach: Jimmy Allen (Emory & Henry ‘93)
Career Record: 124-107 (9th Season)
Record at Army: 27-36 (3rd Season)
Overall: Duke leads, 10-3
In Durham: Duke leads, 5-0
In West Point: Duke leads, 5-3
At neutral sites: n/a
Current streak: Duke, W6
Coach K vs. Army: 6-0
THE OPENING TIP
- Playing the first of back-to-back games at Cameron Indoor Stadium, the No. 4-ranked Duke men’s basketball team welcomes Army West Point on Veterans’ Day.
- The United States Military Academy is a program and institution that holds special meaning to Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Coach K played for, and graduated from, Army, and later served as the program’s head coach.
- The Blue Devils are fresh off a season-opening, 118-84, victory over No. 2 Kentucky in the State Farm Champions Classic — Duke’s 19th consecutive win in a season opener.
- Duke has won 139 consecutive non-conference home games– the nation’s longest active streak. Arizona is next with 48.
- Duke was picked as the preseason favorite in the ACC, with freshman RJ Barrett tapped the ACC’s Preseason Freshman of the Year. Barrett (first team) and Zion Williamson (second team), were each named Preseason All-ACC.
- Barrett is a preseason All-America pick by multiple publications.
- The Blue Devil freshmen combined for 89 points in the opener, together outscoring Kentucky’s entire team, 89-84 — Barrett had 33, Williamson 28, Cam Reddish 22 and Tre Jones 6.
- Ranked No. 4 in the preseason AP poll, Duke is in the AP’s preseason top five for a sixth straight year.
- Eastern Michigan visits Cameron Indoor on Wednesday, with the Blue Devils departing for the Maui Jim Maui Invitational the following week.
- A 1969 Army graduate, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is facing his alma mater on Veterans’ Day.