Who: #9 Auburn (4-0) vs. #1 Duke (4-0)
When: Tues. Nov. 20, 2018 8:00pm ET
Where: Lahania, HI /Lahania Civic Center
TV: ESPN / WatchESPN
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,104-338 (44th season)
Record at Duke: 1,031-279 (39th season)
Head Coach: Bruce Pearl (Boston College ‘82)
Career Record: 536-207 (24th season)
Record at Auburn: 74-62 (5th season)
Overall: Duke leads, 3-0
In Durham: Duke leads, 1-0
In Auburn: n/a
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 2-0
Current streak: Duke, W3
Coach K vs. Auburn: 1-0
THE OPENING TIP
- A pair of high-scoring top 10 teams are set for the Maui Jim Maui Invitational semifinals as No. 1 Duke and No. 8 Auburn square off Tuesday at the Lahaina Civic Center.
- The game will be the 77th in AP poll history that top 10 teams meet in November. Duke has been involved in a quarter of those (18 — most in poll history) with 11 wins, including a 118-84 win over No. 2 Kentucky on opening night.
- The Blue Devils are averaging 96.5 points and have scored 84+ points in each game this season, while the Tigers have topped 87 in each of their wins and averaging 95.0 points.
- Duke is ranked No. 1 this week for the second week, extending its record to 136 weeks ranked No. 1 all-time. UCLA is second at 134.
- Behind the fourth consecutive 20-point game from freshman RJ Barrett, Duke rolled past San Diego State in the first round, 90-64, with four Blue Devils in double figures. Freshman Tre Jones scored a career-high 14.
- Duke improved to 16-0 all-time at the Lahaina Civic Center and its five Maui titles (1992, 1992, 2001, 2007, 2011) are the most in the tournament’s history.
- Duke is looking for its 20th in-season tournament title under Mike Krzyzewski. The Blue Devils claimed the PK80 Motion Bracket crown last season, and are now 93-16 (.853) when playing in-season tournaments under Coach K.
- Duke is ranked in the top five of KenPom’s adjusted offensive efficiency (119.0, 1st) and defensive efficiency (89.7, 5th) — through Nov. 19.
- Junior captain Jack White is averaging 9.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 26.3 minutes off the bench. He scored a career-high 12 points in Monday’s win.