Who: No. 1 Duke (11-0) vs. Boston College (6-3)
When: Sat., Dec. 9, 2017 at 12 p.m. ET
Where: Chestnut Hill, MA / Conte Forum
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,082-330 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,009-271 (38th season)
BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES
Head Coach: Jim Christian (Rhode Island ‘88)
Career Record: 278-222 (16th season)
Record at Boston College: 35-70 (4th season)
Overall: 23rd meeting; Duke leads 20-2
In Durham: Duke leads 9-0
In Chestnut Hill: Duke leads 8-1
At neutral sites: Duke leads 3-1
Current streak: Duke, W11
Coach K vs. Boston College: 19-2
THE OPENING TIP
- No. 1 Duke opens ACC play on the road for the fifth time in seven years when it visits Boston College on Saturday.
- Saturday’s game will be Duke’s 3,000th as a program. The Blue Devils will be looking for their 500th win away from Cameron Indoor Stadium under Mike Krzyzyewski, and their 400th regular-season ACC win under Coach K.
- Duke is 28-9 in ACC openers under Coach K.
- Led by Marvin Bagley III, the ACC’s leading scorer (21.9 ppg) and rebounder (11.2 rpg), Duke is the nation’s best rebounding team at 46.5 rpg.
- Bagley is second in the NCAA in double-doubles (9), and leads all freshmen nationally. He has recorded a double-double in six straight games and in seven of the last eight.
- The Blue Devils own the nation’s most wins (11) and are one of nine remaining undefeated teams (as of Dec. 6).
- Duke is ranked No. 1 this week for the 134th week in the AP poll era, tying UCLA for the most weeks ranked No. 1 in NCAA history.
- Head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 205-29 (.876) when coaching a No. 1-ranked Duke team. The 234 games when coaching at No. 1 are the most in NCAA history.
- Under Coach K, Duke has started a season 11-0 or better 11 times, nine of which have ended in the Sweet 16 or beyond.
- Including the trip to Boston, Duke will have logged nearly 10,000 round-trip miles over the season’s first 12 games.