Who: No. 1 Duke (0-0) vs. NW Missouri State (0-0)
When: Sat., Nov. 4, 2017 at 1 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV: ACC Network Extra
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,071-330/42nd Season
Duke Record 998-271/37th Season
BOWIE STATE BULLDOGS
Head Coach: Darrell Brooks
Career Record: 146-86 (9th season)
Record at Bowie State: 146-86 (9th season)
THE OPENING TIP
- Duke opened its exhibition season on Oct. 27 with a 93-60 victory over reigning Division II national champion Northwest Missouri State.
- Duke debuted at No. 1 in the Associated Press preseason poll on Nov. 1. This marks ninth time in program history – and second year in a row – that the Blue Devils have claimed the top spot in the preseason AP rankings. Duke was also voted No. 1 in the preseason in the USA Today Coaches poll.
- Duke returns seven letter winners, led by senior Grayson Allen (14.5 ppg/3.7 rpg), while welcoming another top-ranked recruiting class into the fold.
- Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski enters the 2017-18 season two wins shy of becoming the first coach in Division I men’s basketball history to win 1,000 games at one school.
- Bowie State, which captured a CIAA championship last season, returns seven lettermen, including five seniors, and two starters from last year’s squad that finished 16-15 overall and 9-7 in conference play.
- The Bulldogs are led by 6-0 senior guard Ahmaad Wilson, who led the team in scoring a year ago (17.1 ppg). Wing Omari George averaged 11.0 points last season to rank second on the team. Both players were named as members of the preseason All-CIAA men’s basketball team.
- Bowie State was picked to finish second in the Northern Division of the CIAA.