- After a 15-day break, No. 1 Duke puts a six-game winning streak on the line by hosting Clemson in the ACC opener on Saturday night at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Duke is 47-18 (.723) all-time in ACC openers, including 28-10 (.737) under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Clemson has been Duke’s opposition in 20 previous ACC openers, and the Blue Devils are 16-4 in those games.
Duke has won 11 consecutive ACC home openers.
- The teams are meeting for the 142nd time, with the Blue Devils leading the series 110-31, including a 59-4 edge at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Duke has played four games against teams ranked 15th or better to date — tied for the most nationally with Marquette — and the Blue Devils are 3-1 in those games.
- Freshman RJ Barrett leads the ACC in scoring (23.8), just ahead of classmate Zion Williamson, who is fourth (19.8).
Freshman Tre Jones leads the ACC and is fifth nationally in assist-turnover ratio (5.15). He is averaging just one turnover every 27.2 minutes this season.
- Duke leads the country in blocked shots (8.0) and scoring margin (+27.8), is third nationally in steals (11.5), fourth in scoring offense (91.6) and tied for fifth in field goal percentage defense (.369).
- The Blue Devils are ranked second nationally in both adjusted offensive and defensive efficiency, joining Virginia as the only teams ranked in the top 10 in both.
Duke in ACC Openers
Duke is 47-18 (.723) all-time in ACC openers and 28-10 (.737) in ACC openers under Mike Krzyzewski — three of those setbacks came in Coach K’s first three seasons…Clemson has been Duke’s ACC opening opponent 20 previous times, with Duke winning 16. The teams last met to open ACC play on January 3, 2010 — a 74-53 Blue Devil victory at Cameron Indoor…Duke is 26-12 in ACC home openers under Coach K and has won 11 consecutive.
On This Date
Duke is 22-7 all-time when playing on January 5, including two previous road wins over Clemson…The Blue Devils most recent game on this date was an 80-62 win over Wake Forest in 2013 at Cameron Indoor.
Duke vs. Clemson
Duke and Clemson are meeting for the 142nd time in a series that dates to the 1925-26 season, with the Blue Devils leading 110-31…Duke has won three straight, five of the last six and 10 of the last 12…In Durham, Duke leads 62-4 (59-4 at Cameron Indoor) and has won 17 consecutive home games…The teams met once last season — a 66-57 win by Duke at Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 18 behind 19 points from Grayson Allen in a matchup of teams ranked 11th (Clemson) and 12th (Duke) in the AP poll.
Individual Statistical Leaders:
Points: 20.1 (Reed)
Rebonds: 7.6 (Thomas)
Assists: 3.6 (Reed)
FG Pct: 66.3% (Thomas)
3pt FG Pct: 41.9% (Skara)
FT Pct: 85.2% (Reed)
Team Statistical Profile:
Points Per Game: 75.0
Rebounds Per Game: 36.0
Assists Per Game: 12.0
Turnovers Per Game: 14.0
FG Pct: 48.9%
3pt Pct: 31.6%
FT Pct: 73.4%
Duke has sold out 445 consecutive games at Cameron Indoor Stadium. The last time Duke did not have a sellout at home was on Nov. 16, 1990, against Boston College…The sellout figure is the longest current streak (by time) in either men’s college basketball or the NBA.
Duke is 3-1 versus ranked opponents this season — each has been ranked 12th or better, including a 69-58 win over then No. 12 Texas Tech at Madison Square Garden on December 20…Duke’s four games versus AP top 15 teams are tied with Marquette for the NCAA lead…Duke and Kansas are the only programs this season with multiple wins over AP top 10 teams.
Leading NCAA in Rim Protection
Duke leads the NCAA with 8.0 blocks per game, and is tied for fifth nationally in field goal percentage defense (.369)…Five times already this season, the Blue Devils have swatted 10+ shots in a single game. That happened just three times over the previous seven seasons combined (296 games)…Marques Bolden (2.3) and Zion Williamson (1.9) are third and sixth, respectively, in blocked shots per game in the ACC…Duke is on an early pace to set the program’s single-season record for blocked shots.