Who: Eastern Michigan (3-0) vs. #1 Duke (2-0)
When: Wed. Nov. 14, 2018 7:0pm ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV: RSN / WatchESPN
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,102-338 (44th season)
Record at Duke: 1,029-279 (39th season)
EASTERN MICHIGAN EAGLES
Head Coach: Rob Murphy (Central State ‘96)
Career Record: 132-110 (7th season)
Record at Eastern Michigan: 132-110 (7th season)
Overall: Tied, 1-1
In Durham: Duke leads, 1-0
In Ypsilanti: n/a
At neutral sites: Eastern Michigan leads, 1-0
Current streak: Duke, W1
Coach K vs. Eastern Michigan: 1-1
THE OPENING TIP
- No. 1 Duke, which ascended to the top spot this week for a record 135th time, looks to continue its hot start Wednesday night when unbeaten Eastern Michigan visits Cameron.
- The Blue Devils are 2-0 and averaging 106 points per game after opening with a 116-84 win over Kentucky and a 94-72 defeat of Army in Sunday’s home opener.
- The 212 points mark Duke’s fourth-most through two games in program history, while RJ Barrett (56) and Zion Williamson (55) have scored the most points by freshmen through the first two games in Duke history.
- The Blue Devils jumped from fourth to first in Monday’s first regular-season AP poll, allowing Duke to set a record with its 135th week at No. 1, breaking a tie with UCLA for most all-time.
- Duke has won 140 consecutive non-conference home games — the nation’s longest active streak. Arizona is next with 49.
- Williamson, this week’s ACC Player and Rookie of the Week, is just the second Duke player, and first under Mike Krzyzewski, to post a game of 25+ points, 15+ rebounds and 5+ blocked shots. He went for 27-16-6 against Army and is averaging 27.5 points and 11.5 rebounds, while shooting an .815 (22-of-27) from the field this season.
- Duke was picked as the preseason favorite in the ACC, with Barrett tapped the ACC’s Preseason Freshman of the Year. Barrett (first team) and Williamson (second team), were each named Preseason All-ACC.
- This week’s ACC Player and Rookie of the Week, Zion Williamson, is averaging 27.5 points, 11.5 rebounds and shooting .815 from the field over the first two games.