Who: No. 1 Duke (0-0) vs. Elon (0-0)
When: Fri., Nov. 10, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV: ACC Network Extra
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,071-330/42nd Season
Duke Record 998-271/37th Season
Head Coach: Matt Matheny
Career Record: 126-130 (9th season)
Record at Elon: 126-130 (9th season)
THE OPENING TIP
- Duke has won 132 consecutive home games vs. non- conference competition, the longest such streak in the nation. The last time Duke dropped a non-conference game at home was on Feb. 26, 2000 against St. John’s.
- To put that in perspective, Duke senior Grayson Allen was four years old when that loss occurred and freshmen Marvin Bagley III and Wendell Carter, Jr., were both one. The No. 1 song on the Billboard Top 100 was “I Knew I Loved You” by Savage Garden and retail gasoline prices were $1.58. The top movie of the week was “The Whole Nine Yards“ starring Bruce Willis and Matthew Perry. Apple’s first iPod was still more than a year away from being introduced. And, Coach K was the proud grandfather of one (he now has 10).
- Duke will play its 150th game as the No. 1 team in the AP poll since 1998. That figure is 70 more games than the next closest school (Kentucky) during that timeframe.
- Elon returns five starters from last year’s 18-14 team that finished fourth in the CAA. Junior forward Tyler Seibring is the team’s leading returning scorer at 14.4 ppg. He was a first team All-CAA preseason selection.
- CollegeInsider.com ranked Elon 22nd in its Preseason Mid- Major Top-25 Poll.