Who: No. 3 Duke (11-1) vs. Evansville (10-2)
When: Wed., Dec. 20, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,082-331 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,009-272 (38th season)
EVANSVILLE PURPLE ACES
Head Coach: Marty Simmons (Evansville ‘87)
Career Record: 275-234 (17th season)
Record at Evansville: 176-162 (11th season)
THE OPENING TIP
- After an 11-day layoff for exams, No. 4 Duke returns to action Wednesday to welcome Evansville at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Wednesday’s game marks the Blue Devils’ final opportunity this season to extend their streak of 138 consecutive non-conference home wins. It is the nation’s longest active streak.
- This is the 504th week that Duke has been ranked in the top 10 (AP) under Coach K — the most by a coach in poll history.
- Duke has played 3,000 games as a program, the fourth-most by any team in NCAA history. The Blue Devils’ 2,126 wins are also fourth-most.
- With five players averaging double-figure points, led by freshman Marvin Bagley III’s 21.3 ppg, Duke is both the nation’s second-best scoring (93.3 ppg) and rebounding (45.4 rpg) team.
- Bagley is second in the ACC in scoring (21.3), first in rebounding (11.3) and second nationally with 10 double-doubles. He has a double-double in seven straight games.
- With 1,630 career points, senior Grayson Allen is 25th on Duke’s career list, and 12th among active NCAA players in career scoring. Allen is the ACC’s active scoring leader.
- Duke remains No. 1 in the RPI, while its non-conference strength of schedule — which included wins over Michigan State, Texas, Florida and Indiana — is ranked 16th.