#5/4 Duke (8-1, 0-0) vs. #21/21 Florida (7-1, 0-0)
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 // 9:30 p.m. ET // ESPN
New York, N.Y. // Madison Square Garden (19,812)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 8-1 (0-0 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 5/4
Last Game W, 94-55 vs. Maine (12/3/16)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,051-322/42nd Season
Duke Record 978-263/37th Season
Record 7-1 (0-0 SEC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 21/21
Last Game W, 91-60 vs. North Florida (12/1/16)
Head Coach Mike White (Mississippi, ‘99)
Career Record 129-56/6th Season
Florida Record 28-16/2nd Season
THE OPENING TIP
• No. 5/4 Duke will face Florida for the first time in more than a decade when it takes on the No. 21 Gators at the Jimmy V Classic.
• Florida head coach Mike White is the son of Duke Vice President & Director of Athletics Kevin White.
• The Blue Devils own a .769 winning percentage (247-74) in neutral settings under head coach Mike Krzyzewski, including two wins at the Jimmy V Classic (1998, 2001).
• Coach K-led teams are 28-10 (.737) at Madison Square Garden and have won four of their last six games at “The World’s Most Famous Arena.”
• The Blue Devils have won the third-most games (218) and have the fourth-best winning percentage (.820) in the nation this decade.
• Amile Jefferson is coming off of a career-high 20 points against Maine and has averaged 16.8 on .667 shooting in Duke’s last four games. He ranks 18th nationally with four double-doubles.
• Luke Kennard has been on a tear to open the season, leading Duke and ranking fourth in the ACC in scoring (19.4). He has four 20+-point games on the year and 11 in 45 career games.
• Grayson Allen has scored more than 20 points in his last two games to increase his scoring average to 17.1 for the year. He shot .529 (9-of-17) from outside the arc in those two contests.
• Matt Jones has logged 37+ minutes in sixgames this season and is averaging 35.4 per contest. For the year, Duke is +197 with Jones on the floor and +4 with him on the bench. He is an average of +21.9 per game, best on the team.