Who: #3 Gonzaga (5-0) vs. #1 Duke (5-0)
When: Wed. Nov. 21, 2018 5:00pm ET
Where: Lahania, HI /Lahania Civic Center
TV: ESPN / WatchESPN
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,105-338 (44th season)
Record at Duke: 1,032-279 (39th season)
Head Coach: Mark Few (Oregon ‘87)
Career Record: 540-118 (20th season)
Record at Gonzaga: 540-118 (120h season)
Overall: Duke leads, 3-0
In Durham: n/a
In Spokane: n/a
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 3-0
Current streak: Duke, W3
Coach K vs. Gonzaga: 3-0
THE OPENING TIP
- No. 1 Duke and No. 3 Gonzaga will square off Wednesday in the championship game of the 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational at the Lahaina Civic Center.
- The game will be just the 12th in AP poll history involving top-3 ranked teams in November. Duke has been in four of those games (most in poll history) and is 3-1.
- The Blue Devils are looking for their sixth Maui Invitational title (in six trips) and 20th in-season tournament title under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Duke is 94-16 (.855) when playing in-season tournaments under Coach K.
- Duke and Gonzaga are two of three teams to achieve 25 or more wins in each of the last 11 seasons (Kansas). These two teams are two of the five winningest over the last decade.
- Duke is ranked No. 1 this week for the second straight week, extending its record to 136 weeks ranked No. 1 all-time. UCLA is second at 134.
- The Blue Devils’ four freshmen are each averaging double- digit points in the Maui Invitational, led by freshman RJ Barrett’s 19.0 ppg. Duke has five players averaging four or more rebounds per game in Maui.
- Freshman Tre Jones has opened his Duke career with 30 assists against six turnovers in his first five games. He has assisted on 20 percent of Duke’s made FGs this season.
- Junior Marques Bolden is averaging 7.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and his seven blocked shots in Tuesday’s game tied a Maui Invitational record.
- Duke improved to 17-0 all-time at the Lahaina Civic Center and its five Maui titles (1992, 1992, 2001, 2007, 2011) are the most in the tournament’s history.