Who: #2 Seed Duke (29-7) vs. #1 Seed Kansas (30-7)
When: Sun. March 25, 2017 5:05pm ET
Where: Omaha, NE / Century Link Center
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,100-337 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,027-278 (38th season)
Head Coach: Bill Self (Oklahoma State ‘85)
Career Record: 653-200 (25th season)
Record at Kansas: 446-95 (15th season)
Overall: 12th meeting; Duke leads, 7-4
In Durham: Duke leads, 1-0
In Lawrence: Duke leads, 1-0
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 5-4
Current streak: Kansas, W2
Coach K vs. Kansas: 7-4
THE OPENING TIP
- Making its 21st appearance in the Elite Eight, second-seeded Duke battles top-seeded Kansas Sunday with a Midwest Regional title and a spot in the Final Four on the line.
- Duke is 111-36 (.756) in the NCAA Tournament, which is No. 1 all-time in winning percentage and No. 3 in wins.
- The Blue Devils (21) and Jayhawks (22) are fourth and third, respectively, in most Elite Eight appearances.
- Head coach Mike Krzyzewski has led Duke to the Elite Eight for the 15th time, the most of any active coach. Coach K’s 94 tournament wins are also the most all-time.
- Duke is 9-6 all-time versus a No. 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament, including 4-2 as the No. 2-seed vs. a No. 1-seed.
- Duke is the only team ranked in the top 10 of KenPom’s offensive and defensive efficiency. The Blue Devils are second in offense and ninth in defense.
- Freshman Marvin Bagley III, who has scored 22 points in each of Duke’s NCAA Tournament game, leads the ACC in scoring (21.1) and rebounding (11.1). He is aiming to be the 13th player in ACC history to lead in both.
- Bagley is just the second player in ACC history to be named ACC Player and Rookie of the Year in the same season. He is a first-team All-America by Sporting News, NABC and USBWA, and is a finalist for the Wooden, Naismith and Malone awards.
- Senior Grayson Allen enters the Elite Eight just 16 points shy of becoming Duke’s 12th 2,000-point scorer.
- Allen is 12-2 in his NCAA Tournament career. He’s averaging 20.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 3.9 apg over Duke’s last nine NCAA Tournament games.
- Marvin Bagley III has scored 22 in each of Duke’s NCAA games. He holds the Duke freshman records for scoring (678), rebounds (356) and double-doubles (21).