#1/1 Duke (2-0, 0-0) vs. #3/2 Kansas (0-1, 0-0)
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 // 9:30 p.m. ET // ESPN
New York, N.Y. // Madison Square Garden (19,812)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 2-0 (0-0 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 1/1
Last Game W, 96-61 vs. Grand Canyon (11/12/16)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,045-321/42nd Season
Duke Record 972-262/37th Season
Record 0-1 (0-0 Big 12)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 3/2
Last Game L, 99-103 (OT) vs. Indiana (11/11/16)
Head Coach Bill Self (Oklahoma State, ‘85)
Career Record 592-189/24th Season
Kansas Record 285-83/14th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• Top-ranked Duke will square off with Kansas on Tuesday for the fi rst time since they met in the 2013 Champions Classic. The Blue Devils lead the all-time series, 7-3.
• The Blue Devils are 247-73 (.772) in neutral settings under head coach Mike Krzyzewski, including a 3-2 mark in the Champions Classic.
• Coach K-led teams are 28-9 (.757) at Madison Square Garden and have won 4-of-5 at “The World’s Most Famous Arena.”
• Duke ranks fourth in NCAA history in both wins (2,089) and winning percentage (.707), while Kansas ranks second in wins (2,186) and third in winning percentage (.723).
• The Blue Devils have won the third-most games (212) and have the fourth-best winning percentage (.818) in the nation this decade.
• Duke’s defense was a force in its opening two games, limiting opponents to 55.0 points on .323 shooting from the fl oor and .162 from the arc.
• The Blue Devils have also forced an average of 17.5 turnovers per game, averaging 17.0 points per game off of those miscues. Duke is averaging 11.5 steals per contest with Matt Jones leading the
team at 3.0 per game.
• Duke has topped the 90-point mark in each of its fi rst two games and leads the nation with a 121.4 adjusted offensive efficiency.
• Duke is averaging 13.0 offensive rebounds per game and has an average margin of +9.5 secondchance points.