#1/1 Duke (0-0, 0-0) vs. Marist (0-0, 0-0)
Friday, November 11, 2016 // 7 p.m. ET // ACC Network Extra
Durham, N.C. // Cameron Indoor Stadium (9,314)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 0-0 (0-0 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 1/1
Last Game L, 68-82 vs. Oregon (3/24/16)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,043-321/42nd Season
Duke Record 970-262/37th Season
Marist Red Foxes
Record 0-0 (0-0 MAAC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) NR/NR
Last Game 7, 63-81 vs. Manhattan (3/3/16)
Head Coach Mike Maker (California Baptist, ‘88)
Career Record 161-80/9th Season
Marist Record 14-48/3rd Season
THE OPENING TIP
• Duke opens the 2016-17 regular season on Friday with its first meeting with Marist as part of the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off.
• Duke has won 16 straight season openers and is 34-2 in season openers under Mike Krzyzewski.
• Duke is entering its 112th season of basketball. The program ranks fourth in NCAA history in both wins (2,087) and winning percentage (.707).
• Duke is ranked No. 1 in both the preseason AP and USA Today Coaches polls. It marks the eighth time in program history that the Blue Devils were the AP’s preseason No. 1 and the sixth time they earned the top spot in the preseason coaches poll.
• Mike Krzyzewski owns a 1,043-321 (.765) record over 41-plus seasons as a head coach, including a 970-262 (.787) mark at Duke (36-plus seasons).
• The Blue Devils have won the third-most games (210) and have the fourth-best winning percentage (.817) in the nation this decade.
• Duke has a 489-62 (.887) record at Cameron Indoor Stadium under Coach K, placing him 11 wins shy of 500 at Duke’s storied home venue.
• Duke has won an NCAA-best 125 consecutive non-conference home games. Duke has won 256 of its past 259 non-conference games at home.
• Grayson Allen was the leading vote-getter on the 2016-17 Preseason AP All-America team, announced Nov. 2. He has also been named Preseason ACC Player of the Year.