- Duke is 114-37 (.755) all-time in the NCAA Tournament, which is No. 1 all-time in winning percentage and third in wins.
- Coach K’s 97 NCAA Tournament wins are not only more than any other coach in history, they are more than all but five teams and eight conferences all-time in NCAA play.
- Duke leads the all-time series with Michigan State 12-2 and has won seven consecutive over the Spartans. The Blue Devils have 4-1 edge in NCAA Tournament games.
- National Players of the Year Zion Williamson (Sporting News) and R.J. Barrett (USA Today) are looking to become the first freshman teammates in NCAA history to each average 20+ points in a season. Barrett (22.7) and Williamson (22.6) are first and second in the ACC in scoring.
- With 839 points, Barrett is third on Duke’s single-season scoring list. He is the only major conference player to score 13+ points in every game this season.
- Williamson’s 80 points are more than any freshman in NCAA Tournament history through the first three games.
Tre Jones scored a career high 22 points in Duke’s Sweet 16 win, tying a program record for freshmen in the NCAA Tournament with five made threes.
- Duke leads the nation in blocked shots and has set an ACC single-season record with 248 this season, eclipsing the previous mark of 245 set by Duke’s 1998-99 team.
NCAA Tourney Supremacy
Duke is playing in its 43rd NCAA Tournament, which ranks as the fifth-most appearances in NCAA history…With five national titles and 114 wins in tournament play, Duke is among the most successful programs in the history of the NCAA Tournament…The program’s 22 Elite Eight appearances are third most.
Duke as the No. 1-Seed
Duke is playing as a No. 1-seed for the 14th time — the third-most No. 1-seeds in NCAA history…The Blue Devils are a top seed for the first time since the 2015 National Championship season. Four of Duke’s five titles have come with a No. 1 seed (1992, 2001, 2010, 2015)…Duke has been a No. 1 or No. 2-seed in 19 of the past 23 seasons and 13 of the past 16…The Blue Devils own a 54-9 record when playing as the No. 1-seed, and are 5-4 in games against the No. 2-seed.
Duke vs. Michigan State
Sunday’s game is the 15th meeting between Duke and Michigan State, with the Blue Devils leading 12-2…In the NCAA Tournament, the series favors the Blue Devils 4-1…The last NCAA Tournament meeting came in the 2015 Final Four in Indianapolis — an 81-61 Duke win behind 19 points from Justise Winslow…The teams met last season in the Champions Classic in Chicago, with Grayson Allen scoring 37 in an 88-81 Blue Devil victory…Duke is 9-1 in its last 10 in the series.
Highest Scoring Freshmen Class
Duke’s 2018-19 freshman class has combined to score 2,375 points this season, surpassing last year’s class (2,240 points) as the highest scoring freshman class in program history…It marks just the sixth time in Duke history that any class combined to score 2,000+ in a single season…This season’s freshmen are the second-highest scoring of any class in program history, behind only the 2001-02 junior class (2,454). Duke’s 1985-86 senior class (2,333) had the third most.