Who: No. 1 Duke (0-0) vs. NW Missouri State (0-0)
When: Friday, Oct. 27, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV: ACC Network Extra
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,071-330/42nd Season
Duke Record 998-271/37th Season
NW MISSOURI STATE BEARS
Head Coach Ben McCollum (NW Missouri State, ‘03)
Career Record 176-71/9th Season
Troy Record 176-71/9th Season
THE OPENING TIP
- Duke was voted as the preseason No. 1 team in the country in the USA Today Coaches poll on Oct. 19th. It was the seventh time Duke was the initial No. 1 in the coaches poll and it marks the first time in the past 33 seasons Duke has reached No. 1 at some point in a year.
- In 2016-17 Mike Krzyzewski’s 37th season as head coach at Duke yielded 28 victories, a historic four-day run to the ACC Tournament title and the program’s 22nd consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.
- Duke returns seven letterwinners, led by senior Grayson Allen (14.5 ppg/3.7 rpg), while welcoming another top-ranked recruiting class into the fold.
- Northwest Missouri State earned the Division II national championship last March with a 71-61 victory over Fairmont State. The Bearcats are the latest in a line of D-II national champions that Duke has hosted in exhibition action in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- The Bearcats finished 2016-17 with a 35-1 overall record. They are led by senior guard Justin Pitts who was recently named a first team D-II All American by Street & Smith’s. The reigning D-II National Player of the Year by the NABC, Pitts is NW Missouri State’s all-time leading scorer with 1,929 points in three season.