#1/1 Duke (2-1, 0-0) vs. Penn State (2-1, 0-0)
Saturday, November 19, 2016 // 12:30 p.m. ET // ACCN Extra
Uncasville, Conn. // Mohegan Sun Arena (9,323)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 2-1 (0-0 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 1/1
Last Game L, 75-77 vs. Kansas (11/15/16)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,045-322/42nd Season
Duke Record 972-263/37th Season
PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS
Record 2-1 (0-0 Big Ten)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) NR/NR
Last Game W, 85-76 vs. Grand Canyon (11/15/16)
Head Coach Patrick Chambers (Philadelphia, ‘94)
Career Record 116-120/8th Season
Penn State Record 74-92/6th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• Top-ranked Duke will look to rebound from its first loss of the season on Saturday when it faces Penn State in the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off.
• The Blue Devils are 247-74 (.769) in neutral settings under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Coach K has led Duke to an 88-16 (.846) record and 18 titles in in-season tournaments.
• The Blue Devils have won the third-most games (212) and have the fourth-best winning percentage (.815) in the nation this decade.
• Duke’s perimeter defense has held opponents to just a .148 mark from three-point range this season. Opponents are averaging only 2.7 three-pointers per game on the year.
• Duke has forced at least 14 turnovers in each of its first three games, turning them into an average of 15.7 points per game.
• Offensively, the Blue Devils lead the nation in adjusted offensive efficiency with a mark of 121.5 points per 100 possessions. Duke’s attacking style has led to an average possession length of 13.6 seconds.
• Grayson Allen will head into the Penn State game needing 15 points to become the 65th member of Duke’s 1,000-point club. Saturday will mark his 75th career game.
• Frank Jackson has burst onto the scene with three double-figure scoring games to open his career. He is shooting .538 (7-of-13) from outside the arc.
• Matt Jones played all 40 minutes against Kansas Tuesday and leads Duke with an average of 34.7 minutes per game. He has started 51 straight games in which he has played.