Pittsburgh (8-11, 0-6) at No. 5 Duke (16-2, 4-2)
When: Jan. 20 | 4:00 PM (ET)
Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium
Watch Live: ACC Network
Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network, Radio Affiliates
The Opening Tip
- No.5 Duke, which has won three straight and five of six, is back home Saturday to welcome Pitt in the teams’ second meeting in 10 days.
- The Blue Devils are coming off Monday’s 83-75 win at No. 25 Miami in which Duke overcame a pair of 13-point second-half deficits to improve to 4-0 versus Top 25 teams this season.
- Duke is the only team ranked among the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (92.7; 1st), rebounds (44.1; 1st) and assists (19.9; 3rd). The Blue Devils are also second nationally in rebound margin (+11.3), fifth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.66) and sixth in field goal pct. (.513).
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (22.0) and rebounding (11.7) and is second in the NCAA in double-doubles (15). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.33) while Grayson Allen is third in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.67).
- Pitt has an 8-11 overall record and has lost its first six ACC contests.
The Panthers have used 14 different starting lineups this season, the most in the NCAA. Freshmen have combined to make 57 starts on the year.
- Parker Stewart is averaging a team-high 12.3 points per game, while going 18-of-37 (.486) from beyond the three-point arc in conference play.
- Duke is 10-7 all-time versus Pitt, which includes a 4-1 mark since the Panthers entered the ACC in the 2013-14 season.
- The last meeting between the teams came just ten days ago as six Blue Devils scored in double figures as Duke left the Steel City with an 87-52 win. Bagley III led Duke with 16 points and pulled down 15 rebounds for his then-13th double-double.