#1/1 Duke (3-1, 0-0) vs. #21/22 Rhode Island (4-0, 0-0)
Sunday, November 20, 2016 // 1 p.m. ET // ESPN
Uncasville, Conn. // Mohegan Sun Arena (9,323)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 3-1 (0-0 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 1/1
Last Game W, 78-68 vs. Penn State (11/19/16)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,046-322/42nd Season
Duke Record 973-263/37th Season
RHODE ISLAND RAMS
Record 4-0 (0-0 A10)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 21/22
Last Game W, 76-71 vs. Cincinnati (11/19/16)
Head Coach Dan Hurley (Seton Hall, ‘96)
Career Record 104-87/7th Season
Rhode Island Record 66-64/5th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• Top-ranked Duke will look to claim the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off title on Sunday when it squares off with No. 21/22 Rhode Island.
• The Blue Devils are 248-74 (.770) in neutral settings under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Coach K has led Duke to an 89-16 (.848) record and 18 titles in in-season tournaments.
• The Blue Devils have won the third-most games (213) and have the fourth-best winning percentage (.816) in the nation this decade.
• Duke’s perimeter defense has held opponents to just a .187 mark from three-point range this season. Opponents are making only 3.5 three pointers per game on the year.
• Duke has forced at least 14 turnovers in each of its first four games, turning them into an average of 16.8 points per game.
• Offensively, the Blue Devils lead the nation in adjusted offensive effi ciency with a mark of 121.4 points per 100 possessions. Duke’s attacking style has led to an average possession length of 14.8 seconds.
• Grayson Allen will head into the Rhode Island game needing three points to become the 65th member of Duke’s 1,000-point club. Sunday will mark his 76th career game.
• Frank Jackson has burst onto the scene with four double-fi gure scoring games to open his career. He is tied for the team lead in scoring and has led Duke in points twice in four games.
• Matt Jones has played 75 of 80 available minutes over the last two games and leads Duke with an average of 35.2 minutes. He has started 52 straight games in which he has played.