Who: No. 1 Duke (3-0) vs. Southern (0-3)
When: Fri., Nov. 17, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV:Raycom Sports Network
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,074-330 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,001 -271 (38th season)
Interim Head Coach: Morris Scott (Florida A&M ‘02)
Career Record: 0-3 (1st season)
Record at Southern: 0-3 (1st season)
Overall: Second meeting; Duke leads, 1-0
In Durham: First meeting
In Baton Rouge: n/a
At neutral sites: Duke leads 1-0
Current streak: Duke, W1
Coach K vs. Southern: Duke leads, 1-0
THE OPENING TIP
- Duke continues a busy stretch of four games in the season’s first week, welcoming Southern University to Cameron Indoor Stadium Friday night.
- The Blue Devils have won 134 consecutive non-conference home games — the nation’s longest active streak. The next longest streak in the NCAA is Baylor (44).
- Senior guard Grayson Allen scored a career-high 37 points in Tuesday’s 88-81 win over No. 2 Michigan State in the Champions Classic.
- Allen leads the NCAA with 17 made three-pointers and his 65.4 percentage is tops in the NCAA (min. 15 made 3FGs).
- Freshman guard Trevon Duval leads the nation with 30 assists, while his +7.50 assist-turnover is also tops in the NCAA (min. 20 assists).
- Duval has posted back-to-back double-doubles — 15 points, 12 assists versus Utah Valley and 17 points, 10 assists versus Michigan State.
- Freshman forward Marvin Bagley III became Duke’s first freshman to post double-doubles in each of his first two collegiate games. The rookie also matched the Duke record held by Jabari Parker for most points by a freshman over the first two games of a career (49).
- Duke will play its 153rd game as the No. 1 team in the AP poll since 1998. That figure is 73 more games than the next closest school (Kentucky) during that time frame.