Who: No. 5 Duke (23-5) vs. Syracuse (18-10)
When: Sat., Feb. 24, 2018 at 6:15 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,094-335 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,021-276 (38th season)
Head Coach: Jim Boeheim (Syracuse ‘66)
Career Record: 921-367 (42nd season)
Record at Syracuse: 921-367 (42nd season)
Overall: 11th meeting; Series tied, 5-5
In Durham: Duke leads, 2-1
In Syracuse: Syracuse leads, 2-1
At neutral sites: Tied, 2-2
Current streak: Syracuse, W2
Coach K vs. Syracuse: 4-4
THE OPENING TIP
- Winners of four straight and five of its last six ACC games, No. 5 Duke welcomes Syracuse Saturday at Cameron Indoor.
- Duke has won three straight ACC games when allowing the opponent to score less than 60 points — it’s the first time that’s happened at Duke since the 1964 ACC Tournament.
- The Blue Devils are allowing 65.4 points over the last 13 games, which ranks top 30 in the NCAA over that span. In ACC play, Duke is fifth in scoring defense (69.8), second in FG defense (.399), and third in three-point defense (.333).
- Senior Grayson Allen was named both the Naismith National Player of the Week and the ACC Player of the Week after averaging 22.0 points, 5.0 assists, and shooting 9-of-18 from three-point range in a pair of wins last week.
- Allen scored 28 in Wednesday’s 82-56 win over Louisville. The Oscar Robertson Award finalist is averaging 23.5 points, shooting .419 (18-of-43) from three-point range and 21-of-21 at the free throw over the four-game win streak.
- Freshman Gary Trent, Jr., leads the ACC in three-point shooting — both overall (.450) and in ACC play (.485). His .450 percentage also leads all NCAA freshman.
- Freshman Wendell Carter, Jr. has 14 double-doubles this season. He has recorded a double-double in eight of the last 12, and has scored in double-figures in 18 straight games.
- Freshman Marvin Bagley III’s 21.2 points leads five Blue Devils averaging double figures. Duke has an effective field goal percentage of .569 (17th nationally) and is second in offensive efficiency (126.7).
- Duke has allowed the ninth-fewest points per game (58.5) in the NCAA and opponents are shooting the eighth-lowest pct. (.363) over its four-game win streak.