- Who: Syracuse Orange (18-7) vs. No. 1 Duke Blue Devils (23-3)
- When: Feb. 23 at 6pm
- Where: Carrier Dome / Syracuse, NY
- TV: ESPN (Dan Shulman/Jay Bilas/Maria Taylor)
- Stream: WatchESPN
- Radio: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network (David Shumate/John Roth)
- Satellite Radio: Sirius/XM: 108 / 201 (Duke)
- Overall: 14th meeting; Duke leads, 7-6
- In Durham: Duke leads, 3-2
- In Syracuse: Syracuse leads, 2-1
- At neutral sites: Duke leads, 3-2
- Current streak: Syracuse, W1
- Coach K vs. Syracuse: 6-5
- Looking to even the season series, No. 1 Duke invades the Carrier Dome Saturday night for a date with Syracuse.
- The game is expected to draw an NCAA on-campus arena record crowd of nearly 36,000, surpassing a mark set in two previous Duke-Syracuse games at the Carrier Dome in 2014 and 2015 (35,446).
- In the nine matchups since ‘Cuse joined the ACC (Duke leads 5-4), two have been decided in overtime and the average margin of victory has been just 7.1 points.
- The Blue Devils find themselves in a three-way tie atop the ACC standings at 11-2 with Virginia and North Carolina, while Syracuse and Florida State are each two games back.
- Freshman R.J. Barrett, who has posted a triple-double and double-double in his last two games, continues to lead the ACC in scoring at 23.1 points. He is fifth on Duke’s freshman scoring list — 94 points shy of Duke’s rookie scoring record.
- Barrett is 11th in the ACC in rebounding (7.6) and has led Duke on the boards in six of the last eight games. He is averaging 9.4 rebounds over the last 11 games.
- Freshman Zion Williamson, this week’s ACC Player and Rookie of the Week, is second in the ACC in scoring (22.4) and leads the ACC in field goal percentage (.683) and steals (2.2).
- Williamson sustained a Grade 1 right knee sprain in the opening minute of the UNC game, and is listed as day-to-day.
- Freshman Cam Reddish has scored 19.8 points over the last five games, including a career high 27 against the Tar Heels.
- Freshman R.J. Barrett is the fastest Duke freshman to score both 500 points and 600 points in a season. His 19 20-point games have tied the ACC freshman record.