Who: No. 2 Duke (27-8) vs. No. 15 Troy (22-14)
When: Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:20 p.m. ET
Where: Greenville, SC / Bon Secours Wellness Arena (15,951)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 27-8 (11-7 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) TBD
Last Game W, 75-69 vs. No. 22 Notre Dame (3/11/17)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,070-329/42nd Season
Duke Record 997-270/37th Season
Record 22-14 (10-8 Sun Belt)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) NR/NR
Last Game W, 59-53 vs. Texas State (3/12/17)
Head Coach Phil Cunningham (Campbellsville, ‘90)
Career Record 52-75/4th Season
Troy Record 52-75/4th Season
THE OPENING TIP
• After becoming the first team to win four games in four days to claim the ACC Tournament crown, Duke received the No. 2 seed in the East Region and will face Troy for the first time Friday.
• Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has led the program to the NCAA Tournament for the 33rd time, a record number of bids by a coach.
• Coach K has won a record 90 NCAA Tournament games and his .769 tourney winning percentage is the second-best in history.
• Duke has been a top-three seed an NCAA-best 28 times since 1985, four more than the closest team (Kansas, 24).
• Duke has won a nation’s-best 13 games over RPI top-50 teams. Seven of the 13 have come away from Cameron against ranked teams.
• Duke ranks fourth nationally in three-point field goal percentage defense (.295), outscoring opponents by 9.7 points from deep on the year.
• Luke Kennard leads the ACC in scoring (20.1) despite ranking second in the league in minutes played (35.9). He has scored 10+ points in 34-of-35 games on the year.
• Amile Jefferson is the 11th player in Duke history, and seventh under Coach K, to score 1,000 points and record 900 rebounds. He also ranks eighth on Duke’s career blocks chart.
• Jayson Tatum (16.9 points, 7.3 rebounds) is making a bid to join Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor as the only freshmen to average 15+ points and 7+ rebounds under Coach K.