#5/4 Duke (9-1, 0-0) vs. UNLV (5-3, 0-0)
Saturday, December 10, 2016 // 5:15 p.m. ET // ESPN
Las Vegas, Nev. // T-Mobile Arena (18,000)
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Record 9-1 (0-0 ACC)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) 5/4
Last Game W, 84-74 vs. Florida (12/6/16)
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,052-322/42nd Season
Duke Record 979-263/37th Season
UNLV RUNNIN’ REBELS
Record 5-3 (0-0 MW)
Rankings (AP/Coaches) NR/NR
Last Game L, 73-97 at Arizona State (12/3/16)
Head Coach Marvin Menzies (UCLA, ‘87)
Career Record 203-114/10th Season
UNLV Record 5-3/1st Season
THE OPENING TIP
The first college basketball game at T-Mobile Arena will pit No. 5/4 Duke against UNLV on Saturday, the first meeting between the two programs since the 1991 national semifinal.
• The Blue Devils own a .772 winning percentage (250-74) in neutral settings under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Duke is 3-1 on neutral courts this season.
• The Blue Devils have won the third-most games (219) and have the fourth-best winning percentage (.820) in the nation this decade.
• In Duke’s last three games, Amile Jefferson is averaging 20.3 points and 12.3 rebounds while shooting .703 (26-of-37) from the floor.
• Jefferson leads the ACC in field goal percentage, converting at a rate of .674 for the season. He is a career .632 shooter from the field.
• Luke Kennard leads Duke and ranks third in the ACC in scoring (20.4). He has five 20+-point games on the year and 12 in 46 career games.
• Kennard has surpassed the 20-point mark in each of Duke’s last three outings, shooting .435 (10-of-23) from the arc in those games.
• Matt Jones leads Duke in steals with an average of 1.7 per game, though his full defensive impact is more difficult to quantify. For the year, Duke is +207 when Jones is on the floor and just +4 when he is on the bench.
• After making just two of his first 11 career field goal attempts, Jayson Tatum made 7-of-9 from the floor to finish the Florida game.