Who: No. 1 Duke (1-0) vs. Utah Valley (1-0)
When: Sat., Nov. 11, 2017 at 7 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV: ACC Network Extra
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Army, ‘69)
Career Record 1,072-330/42nd Season
Duke Record 999-271/37th Season
UTAH VALLEY WOLVERINES
Head Coach: Mark Pope (Kentucky ‘96)
Career Record: 29-35 (3rd season)
Record at Utah Valley: 29-35 (3rd season)
THE OPENING TIP
- Duke opened its 2017-18 season Friday night with a 97-68 win over Elon at Cameron Indoor Stadium to give head coach Mike Krzyzewski his 999th career win at Duke.
- On Veterans Day, Coach K, a 1969 Army grad and former head coach in West Point, looks to become the ﬁrst head coach in Division I men’s basketball to win 1,000 games at one school.
- Marvin Bagley III became just the second Blue Devil freshman to post a double-double in a season opener, scoring 25 points with 10 rebounds last night.
- His 25 points were the most by a Duke freshman in a season opener, surpassing the 23 by Shavlik Randolph vs. Army on Nov. 12, 2002.
- Duke has won 133 consecutive home games vs. nonconference competition, the longest such streak in the nation. The last time Duke dropped a non-conference game at home was on Feb. 26, 2000 against St. John’s.
- To put that in perspective, Duke senior Grayson Allen was four years old when that loss occurred and freshmen Marvin Bagley III and Wendell Carter, Jr., were both one.
- Duke will play its 151st game as the No. 1 team in the AP poll since 1998. That ﬁgure is 71 more games than the next closest school (Kentucky) during that time frame.
- Utah Valley led at Kentucky last night, 34-25, at the half before falling to the ﬁfth-ranked Wildcats, 73-63.