Who: No. 4 Duke (18-2) vs. No. 2 Virginia (19-1)
When: Sat., Jan. 27, 2018 at 2 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,089-332 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,016-273 (38th season)
Head Coach: Tony Bennett (Green Bay ‘92)
Career Record: 276-117 (12th season)
Record at Virginia: 207-84 (9th season)
Overall: 170th meeting; Duke leads, 119-50
In Durham: Duke leads, 57-10 (52-8 at Cameron Indoor)
In Charlottesville: Duke leads, 41-34
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 21-6
Current streak: Duke, W3
Coach K vs. Virginia: 55-19 (55-18 at Duke)
THE OPENING TIP
- For the 15th time in the history of Cameron Indoor Stadium, a pair of top 5 teams will square off as fourth-ranked Duke hosts second-ranked Virginia Saturday on CBS.
- The Blue Devils have won their last seven versus top 25 opponents (4-0 this season). Coach K is 221-142 vs. ranked teams at Duke — 28-14 with both teams ranked in the top 5.
- Duke brings the nation’s highest scoring offense (91.7 ppg) into Saturday’s game, having scored 78+ points in every game this season, and 80+ in 16 straight.
- Duke is the only team ranked among the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (91.7; 1st), rebounds (43.0; 2nd) and assists (19.3; 3rd). The Blue Devils are also fourth nationally in rebound margin (+10.4), fifth in field goal percentage (.510), and seventh in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.6).
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (21.6) and rebounding (11.5) and is second in the NCAA in double-doubles (16). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.0), while Grayson Allen is third in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.59) and Gary Trent, Jr., is fourth in the ACC in three-point field goal percentage (.431).
- Bagley is one of just two players nationally averaging 20.0+ points and 10.0+ rebounds and the only player nationally averaging 21.0+ and 11.0+.
- Trent, the ACC Rookie (and co-Player) of the Week, has reached double figures in 10 straight games, including a career-high 30 at Miami. He is 38 for his last 72 from three-point range (.538).