Who: No. 5 Duke (24-5) vs. Virginia Tech (20-9)
When: Mon., Feb. 26, 2018 at 7 p.m. ET
Where: Blacksburg, VA / Cassell Coliseum
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,095-335 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,022-276 (38th season)
VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES
Head Coach: Buzz Williams (Oklahoma City ‘94)
Career Record: 226-143 (11th season)
Record at Virginia Tech: 73-57 (4th season)
Overall: 56th meeting; Duke leads, 46-9
In Durham: Duke leads, 20-1
In Blacksburg: Duke leads, 11-6
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 11-1
Current streak: Duke, W1
Coach K vs. Virginia Tech: 17-4
THE OPENING TIP
- Riding a five-game winning streak, and capping a stretch of three games in six days, No. 5 Duke heads to Blacksburg for a Big Monday date with Virginia Tech.
- The Blue Devils are looking for the season sweep of the Hokies, after winning 74-52 at Cameron Indoor on Feb. 14 behind 25 points from Grayson Allen.
- For the first time in school history, Duke has won four straight ACC games when holding the opponent to fewer than 60 points. Duke’s 52.2 ppg allowed since Feb. 14 are second-fewest in the NCAA.
- Duke, Michigan State, and Purdue are the only teams ranked in the top 20 of KenPom’s offensive efficiency and defensive efficiency ratings. The Blue Devils are second in offense (126.0) and 18th in defense (96.6).
- Senior Grayson Allen is averaging 20.2 ppg, 5.0 apg, 2.4 spg, and shooting .367 (18/49) from three-point range over Duke’s five-game winning streak.
- Freshman Wendell Carter, Jr. has 15 double-doubles this season (12th in the NCAA). He has scored in double-figures in 19 straight games.
- Freshman Marvin Bagley III returned from a four-game absence (knee) and scored 19 points on 8-of-9 shooting against Syracuse with six dunks.
- Bagley’s 21.1 ppg and 11.2 rpg lead the ACC. He’s aiming to be the 13th player in ACC history (and first freshman) to lead the conference in scoring and rebounding.
- Sophomore Marques Bolden is 18-of-22 from the field with averages of 5.7 ppg and 4.1 rpg over Duke’s last seven.
- Duke has made 40 two-point field goals over the last two games — 27 have been dunks (68%). Marvin Bagley III’s 70 dunks are a Duke freshman record, and 17 shy of Mason Plumlee’s school-record 87 in 2013.