Who: No. 4 Duke (17-2) vs. Wake Forest (8-11)
When: Tues., Jan. 23, 2018 at 9 p.m. ET
Where: Wake Forest, NC / Lawrence Joel Veteran Memorial Coliseum
TV: ACC Network
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,088-332 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,015-273 (38th season)
WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS
Head Coach: Danny Manning (Kansas ‘91)
Career Record: 89-93 (6th Season)
Record at Wake Forest: 51-64 (4th Season)
Overall: 249th meeting; Duke leads, 170-78
In Durham: Duke leads, 76-18
In Winston-Salem: Duke leads, 48-39
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 33-9
Current streak: Duke, W7
Coach K vs. Wake Forest: 51-24 (51-24 at Duke)
THE OPENING TIP
- Winners of four straight and six of seven, No. 4 Duke heads to Winston-Salem Tuesday night to battle Wake Forest.
- Duke is looking for the season sweep of the Demon Deacons, after winning 89-71 at Cameron Indoor Stadium 10 days ago. The Blue Devils have won seven straight in the series.
- Duke is the only team ranked among the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (92.1; 1st), rebounds (43.6; 1st) and assists (19.6; 3rd). The Blue Devils are also third nationally in rebound margin (+11.2), fourth in field goal percentage (.513), and sixth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.62).
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (21.9) and rebounding (11.5) and is second in the NCAA in double doubles (15). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.2), while Grayson Allen is third in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.65) and Gary Trent, Jr., is fourth in the ACC in three-pointers per game (2.7).
- Bagley has already set the ACC freshman record for 30-point games (five). He is one of just two players nationally averaging 20.0+ points and 10.0+ rebounds and the only player nationally averaging 21.0+ and 11.0+.
- ACC Rookie (and co-Player) of the Week Gary Trent, Jr., has reached double figures in nine straight games, including a career-high 30 at Miami.
- The Blue Devils have scored 80+ points in all but one game this season, including 15 consecutive. It is the third-longest streak of scoring 80+ points in school history