Who: No. 7 Duke (12-2) vs. Wake Forest (8-8)
When: Sat., Jan. 12, 2017 at 12 p.m. ET
Where: Durham, NC / Cameron Indoor Stadium
TV: ACC Network
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski (Army ‘69)
Career Record: 1,085-332 (43rd season)
Record at Duke: 1,012-273 (38th season)
NC STATE WOLFPACK
Head Coach: Danny Manning (Kansas ‘91)
Career Record: 89-90 (6th Season)
Record at Wake Forest: 51-61 (4th Season)
Overall: 248th meeting; Duke leads, 169-78
In Durham: Duke leads, 75-18
In Winston-Salem: Duke leads, 48-39
At neutral sites: Duke leads, 33-9
Current streak: Duke, W6
Coach K vs. Wake Forest: 50-24 (50-24 at Duke)
THE OPENING TIP
- No. 7 Duke and Wake Forest meet for the 248th time on the hardwood Saturday afternoon at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- The Blue Devils, who have scored 100+ points in three straight home games, are unbeaten at Cameron this season and averaging 98.8 points per game on their home floor.
- Duke has played three of its first four ACC games away from home, and seven of its last 10 including last year.
- The Blue Devils are the only team ranked among the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (93.5; 1st), rebounds (44.1; 2nd) and assists (20.1; 2nd). The Blue Devils are also third nationally in rebound margin (+11.8), fourth in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.75), and seventh in field goal pct. (.514).
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (22.1) and rebounding (11.8) and is tied for second in the NCAA in double-doubles (13). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.25), while Grayson Allen is second in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.00).
- Bagley is one of just four players nationally that are averaging 20.0+ points and 10.0+ rebounds.
- Of Duke’s 22 double-doubles this season, 21 have come from freshmen, which is a school record. With 13, Bagley is one shy of Duke’s freshmen record for double-doubles.
- Duke remains No. 1 in the RPI, while its fourth-ranked strength of schedule is the best of any team in the RPI’s top 80.