- No. 2 Duke remains home Tuesday night to welcome Central Arkansas for the first of two campus games in the 2K Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project.
- The game is live on ACC Network at 7 p.m. ET, and can be heard on the Blue Devil Sports Network from Learfield IMG College.
- The Blue Devils are also home Friday versus Georgia State before a pair of games next Thursday (Cal) and Friday (Georgetown/Texas) at Madison Square Garden.
- Duke has won the 2K Empire Classic in each of its last two appearances, and is 8-2 all-time in the event. Under head coach Mike Krzyzewski, the Blue Devils are 96-18 (.842) when playing in-season tournaments with 19 titles.
- Duke is ranked in the AP top five this week for the 22nd consecutive poll — the nation’s longest active streak. Michigan State’s streak of three is the next longest.
- The Blue Devils will face five of the top 11 teams from the AP preseason poll this season.
- Duke, Kansas and Gonzaga are the only programs to have won 25 or more games in each of the last 12 seasons. Duke reached the 30-win mark last season for the 15th time under Coach K, to extend an NCAA record.
- Sophomore guard Tre Jones has scored 15 points in each of Duke’s first two games, while totaling 15 assists (four turnovers). Jones has scored or assisted on 45 percent of Duke’s made field goals this season.
- Duke is 19-1 in games that Jones scores in double figures.
- Duke has won an NCAA-best 148 consecutive non-conference home games. The next longest active streak in the NCAA is 52 by Butler.
2K EMPIRE CLASSIC
Duke is making its fourth appearance in what is now called the 2K Empire Classic Benefiting Wounded Warrior Project…The Blue Devils are 8-2 all-time in this event and have claimed the title (8-0) in each of their last two appearances…Duke will face Georgia State in the second of two campus games on Friday night (7 p.m., ACCN) before battling Cal next Thursday (9 p.m., ESPN2) at Madison Square Garden…Next Friday’s foe at MSG is either Texas or Georgetown…Duke’s appearances in the event are listed below:
1999-00 | 0-2 | COACHES VS. CANCER CLASSIC
Nov. 11 Stanford (ot) L, 79-80 MSG
Nov. 12 Connecticut L, 66-71 MSG
2008-09 | 4-0 | 2K SPORTS CLASSIC BENEFITING COACH VS. CANCER
Nov. 10 Presbyterian W, 80-49 Durham
Nov. 11 Ga. Southern W, 97-54 Durham
Nov. 20 Southern Illinois W, 83-58 MSG
Nov. 21 Michigan W, 71-56 MSG
2015-16 | 4-0 | 2K CLASSIC BENEFITING WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT
Nov. 13 Siena W, 92-74 Durham
Nov. 14 Bryant W, 113-75 Durham
Nov. 20 VCU W, 79-71 MSG
Nov. 22 Georgetown W, 86-84 MSG
DUKE VS. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
Duke and Central Arkansas have not yet met in men’s basketball…The Blue Devils are 3-0 all-time against teams from the Southland Conference.
ABOUT THE BEARS
Central Arkansas returns four of its five leading scorers from last season, including preseason All-Southland Conference guard DeAndre Jones and center Hayden Koval…The Bears were picked fifth in the 13-team Southland Conference preseason poll…UCA was 14-19 last season and 8-10 (t-7th) in the SLC…Sixth-year head coach Russ Pennell leads the Bears, and has steadily improved the program that went 2-27 in his first season…Pennell was the head coach at Grand Canyon for four years, and was the interim head coach at Arizona for the 2008-09 season and took the Wildcats to the Sweet 16 after Lute Olson’s sudden retirement that season.
TOURNAMENT SUCCESS UNDER K
Duke has a high level of success in tournaments under Coach K, winning 19 in-season, 15 ACC and five NCAA Tournaments for a total of 39 championships in his tenure…The Blue Devils claimed the PK80 Motion Bracket title in 2017-18, the program’s 19th in-season crown, and last season won the ACC Tournament for the 15th time.
ON THIS DATE
Duke is 4-2 all-time when playing on November 12, including 4-0 at Cameron Indoor on this date…The Blue Devils last played on this date in the 2016-17 season, a 96-61 win over Grand Canyon at Cameron.
Duke has won back-to-back games without a 20-point scorer for the first time since the 2014-15 season…Tre Jones paced four in double figures with 15 in the win over Kansas, while Cassius Stanley led five in double digits with 19 in the Colorado State win…The last time Duke had consecutive wins where no player scored 20+ was March 29, 2015 vs. Gonzaga (Justise Winslow and Matt Jones, 16) and April 4, 2015 vs. Michigan State (Winslow, 19).
AP POLL STREAKS EXTEND
With the release of the latest Associated Press poll on Nov. 11, Duke jumped to No. 2, up two spots from the AP preseason poll…The Blue Devils have been ranked in the AP top five for 22 consecutive polls, the nation’s longest active steak. Michigan State’s streak of three polls is the next longest…Duke debuted at No. 4 in last season’s preseason AP poll, and went wire-to-wire in the top five, finishing as the AP No. 1 team for the eighth time…Duke’s eight No. 1 finishes in the AP poll have all come under Coach K — the most No. 1 finishes by a college basketball coach all time…The Blue Devils have also been ranked in the top 10 at least once in 24 consecutive seasons — the longest active streak nationally.
DUKE’S DEPTH IN 2019-20
Duke’s depth and balance have been on full display through two games with 12 players having logged minutes and nine already in the scoring column…Five are averaging at least 10.0 points per game…Eleven of the 12 have a rebound, with seven grabbing at least seven boards…Nine different Blue Devils had at least one steal versus Colorado State.
THE DUKE “D”
Duke has held 14 consecutive opponents to less than .500 from the field, including .327 by Colorado State…The Blue Devils lead the ACC in both steals per game (11.5) and turnover margin (+10.5) steals per game.