THE OPENING TIP
• No. 15/18 Duke will play the first of three games in a six-day stretch on Thursday when it hosts Florida State. Four members of the Blue Devils’ six-man rotation average more than 30 minutes per game.
• Duke currently ranks seventh nationally in strength of schedule and 11th in the RPI per the NCAA.
• Mike Krzyzewski has led Duke to 20 or more wins in 20 consecutive seasons, becoming the first Division I men’s coach to accomplish the feat.
• Duke employs one of the nation’s most lethal offensive attacks, ranking 17th in the NCAA in scoring offense (82.4) and second the country in adjusted offensive efficiency (121.2).
• Duke features two of the top six scorers in ACC play, as Grayson Allen (21.1) ranks second and Brandon Ingram (18.2) is sixth in league play.
• In ACC play, Allen is shooting .511 from the floor – the best by a guard in league games. He hasn’t been held below 15 points in an ACC game this season.
• Allen is on pace to become just the ninth player to lead Duke in both scoring and assists in a season. He would be the first to do so since newly-added special assistant Nolan Smith in 2011.
• Among ACC freshmen in all games this season, Ingram leads in scoring (17.0), three-point percentage (.408), rebounding (6.8) and double-doubles (7), and ranks second in blocks (1.5).
• Duke averages 9.0 three-pointers per game overall and 9.3 per game in ACC play, both of which lead the league. Allen (60), Ingram (58) and Matt Jones (59) are bidding to become the first trio in Duke history to each make 70 threes in a season.
• Luke Kennard leads the ACC and ranks fifth in the nation with an .894 free throw percentage, which would rank third in Duke history by a freshman.