Fairly big weekend for Duke fans regarding the future of the basketball team so let’s just straight into today’s Starting Five:
- Freshman PG Derryck Thornton will transfer from Duke – Duke freshman Derryck Thornton is transferring, the school announced Sunday. It had been rumored for a few weeks now.
- On Derryck Thornton’s Departure – Bottom line: Thornton saw his role very differently than the coaching staff saw it, so it’s probably best that he pursue it somewhere closer to home.
- Harry Giles III in no rush to get back on the court, focused on fun at Nike Hoop Summit – Giles is expected to be ready by the start of the season.
- Tatum helps USA to victory at Nike Hoop Summit – Jayson Tatum scored 14 points to propel the United States Junior National Select team to a 101-67 win over the World Select team in the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland on Saturday.
- Duke leading in Crystal Ball for Bolden – Five-star post player Marques Bolden did not indicate a lean to either Duke or Kentucky after the USA practice at the Nike Hoop Summit. Duke, however, has the edge in the Crystal Ball.
For more top stories, check out the rest of today’s headlines.